This hotel has a location to die for - it sits immediately above one of the nicest beaches we have ever seen, and the views from the hotel are breath-taking......BUT, it should be run by people who appreciate what they have on their hands.
On arrival, we found our room damp, smelly and we spent the first night sleeping on a damp mattress with damp sheets. This was mentioned the next morning, but the management only suggested that we see if it improves in the next day or so...an air freshener was placed next to our bed. We took things into our own hands and sorted the problem out ourselves.
Also, there were extra charges for a safe deposit (25 Euros non returnable), and very expensive internet access.
Another annoyance was the attitude of one of the staff at breakfast near the end of our 10 night stay (we were asked abruptly while taking breakfast why we weren't wearing our all-inclusive bracelets). We weren't all-inclusive guests, and I found the attitude very poor. Otherwise most of the staff were friendly and helpful.
But, the views are out of this world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mistral Mare Hotel in Agios Nikolaos prefecture is a 4 star hotel, which has been totally renovated during last winter (2007). It is situated on the hillside at Kalo Chorio (near Istron), a beautiful Cretan Village, 300 meters from the famous beach ”golden beach” (blue flagged),10 km from Agios Nikolaos and 75 km from Heraklion airport and offers a magnificent view over the Mirabello Gulf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Mistral Mare Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Mistral Mare
- Mistral Mare Agios Nikolaos
- Mistral Mare Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos