“Suitable only if you want a romantic dinner in Agios Nikolaos”
Review of Bokos

Bokos
Ranked #34 of 145 Restaurants in Agios Nikolaos
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Suitable only if you want a romantic dinner in Agios Nikolaos”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As some other reviewers said, this restaurant does not accept a credit card, so be warned. Like this modern, a bit posh and upmarket oriented eatery, they should accept a credit card or should warn strange clients that they don't, although it was my fault that I did not assure this before we stepped in ...
Talking about food, they are presentational. My favourite dish in Greece, a grilled octopus was visually amusing, but disappointedly lukewarm and rather cold when served. "Stuffed tomato and pepper" only came as "2 stuffed peppers", no staffed tomato. Also they should have warned us if they did not have stuffed tomato !!!
The bill is rather pricey in this part of area where we ate in 4 occasions, probably because of a modern setting and a good view. Good for a couple who wants a nice dinner experience in this part of the town perhaps, but if you want a substantial and casual meal simply to delight your taste buds , there are other better eateries in this area in my experience.

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have had lunch here on more than one occasion. Try the bbq'd octopus, you won't be disappointed! Also nice and quiet at lunch for a beer and nice breeze! It is much busier at night but you still get the same friendly service. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank EG1980EG
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok, but will not return”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

They dont accept cards!!!

Staff is friendly, helpfull with special requests and quick. Food is good, but somewhat usual, without surprises.

King prawns are in fact young prince prawns at most.

Prices are 20-30% above average considering the smaller size of dishes.

Northumberland England
“Beautiful view but average food”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We have been here a couple of times over the past week. The first time it was too cold to sit outside but had a nice table inside. We had a starter and the swordfish and a glass of red wine. The food was good but not remarkable. The second time we sat outside looking at the lovely view.My husband had fried cod with garlic mash. Hmm imagine cod bites from your least favourite chip shop. I had prawns with spaghetti. When it arrived it was almost cold. It had obviously been sitting waiting for my husbands dinner to be cooked. I politely pointed this out and the manager took it away and returned it piping hot. However we felt the waiting staff were a little grumpy with us after this. To be honest there are other tavernas close to this one who cook this dish much better. We probably should have had one of the specials but I don't eat meat and my husband only eats a little and all the specials were meat based. We won't return as there are many other tavernas to choose from. The view is lovely but be discerning about your menu choices. Bear in mind that because you are sitting outside you will have people smoking near you while you are eating. This is true of all the tavernas.

Fleet, United Kingdom
“Good enough but choose the specials”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Went to the restaurant a couple of nights ago. It is laid out really well with a lovely veranda over looking the bay. Unfortunately it was not warm enough to sit out. We were presented with a relatively long menu and then were told the specials. But found out when ordering that a lot of the menu wasn't available and we should been ordering the specials. My partner managed to order what he wanted but my choice wasn't available so just chose something at random. Big mistake I had food envy all dinner. So I didn't have that good of an experience but understand if you make the right choices here you have a great meal. We have been spoilt while here in Crete and now are used to complimentary dessert and raki, but bokos only gave us a little fruit. Maybe we expect more now?