Just sitting at the waters edge on the beach at the St Nicolas Bay Hotel and thought I would complete my review. Staying for 10 days in May in a standard room. This really is a nice hotel. The complex is set in lovely bougainvillea lined gardens and is reminiscent of a Greek village although the buildings are modern stone and render clad. The small beach and lido at the waterfront is beautiful and well maintained. In May there is no problem getting good positions as there are many to choose from. There are various restaurants to choose from but the Labyrinth regular restaurant serves excellent food with a mixture of buffet starter selection and served main course. The staff are very friendly and look after you. The bar steward Michael in the Astro Bar is great company and the service is excellent. The hotel manager Costas runs a tight ship and the hotel lives up to its high reputation as being the best in Agios Nicolas.
The standard room is a good size with comfortable bed, air conditioning and powerful shower. I think all rooms have a view of the sea. We didn't get a terrace with swimming pool but to be honest I can't see the need as the hotels pools and beachfront are so good.
The hotel is great for a quiet relaxing break. Don't expect a lively nightlife at the hotel. For this you need to go to Ag Nic although May is still quite a quiet period.
The hotel is about a 20/30 minute walk into Ag Nic and the taxis cost around 6 Euros if you're feeling lazy. There is a great supermarket 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Just hit the main drag turn right towards Elounda and it's about 500 yards up on the left just before the Mirabello Beach Hotel.
Been to alot of Mediterranean hotels that purport to be 5 star and this one gets the closest yet.
Well done to all the staff at the St Nicolas Bay for making our stay a great relaxing experience!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spacious Balcony or Terrace in each Room or Suite provides a private and secluded open air lounge to sit and relax with great sea views.- From the secluded privacy of your room balcony / terrace only 2 minutes walk through flower scented gardens to reach the private sandy beach and sunbathing terraces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saint Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel And Villas
- Saint Nicolas Bay Hotel
- St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas Crete/Agios Nikolaos