St. Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Vasia Ormos Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Eliza Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
Lato Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
  • Pool
Minos Beach Art hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
Dimitra Aparthotel(Agios Nikolaos)
Hotel Polydoros(Agios Nikolaos)
Mirsini Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
1,090 results
All reviewsastra barfront of house managerhalf boardnicos demetzosprivate poolgreek restaurantsea viewjacuzzi baththe general managerjunior suitebottle of champagnewaiting staffa short taxi ridea la carte restaurantsthe hotel managera wonderful holidaycocktail bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Peace & Tranquillity in a Bay by the Med. Great Venue--Great Service-Unobtrusive and Friendly--convenient for all local towns and villages in that part of Crete with some great local restaurants in Agios Nicholas. We can recommend the Hotel and the Location.

Room Tip: Get one with a Sea View--people with walking difficulties should consider but my wife with her two new knees had no difficulty!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just returned after a ten night break staying at Saint Nicolas Bay and must say I really enjoyed it.

Having read some of the reviews on TripAdvisor, I have the feeling that there are a few differences in the rooms on offer. We booked a Junior Suite, which was in truth quite a nice large room, not really a suite, with a seating area and two balconies. Room 229 had a great view over the pool and the sea beyond and was well appointed and kept clean. We definitely had a separate shower cubicle and not a shower curtain as others have mentioned, and a separate bath in the corner of the bathroom. One pet hate of mine, which I am sure other ladies who have thick hair will understand, is the dreaded box type hair-dryer on the wall with hose attached. If I return, I will take my own hair-dryer.

We were there on a b&b basis only so don't know about the quality of food if going half board but breakfast was good and plentiful. We ate once at Minotaure Restaurant, which is not cheap but the food was really nice and the staff very attentive. We ate at a few of the restaurants in town and the food was fine and very reasonable. Word of warning, if like us you are arriving late at the hotel, make sure you have dinner en route because after 11:00 at night there was nothing available to eat: no room service.

As mentioned on here previously, prices for water are steep at the hotel so just wander a couple of hundred yards down to the main road, turn right, and another couple of hundred yards opposite the Mirabello Hotel you will find a supermarket which stocks water and many more items you may want during your stay.

Sunbathing around the pool is good with plenty of shade.There are plenty of areas to sunbathe down towards the beach and terrace too. The hotel was full during our stay but the beach and pool areas never seemed too crowded.

Taxis are six euros to Ag Nik town and thirteen to Elounda although buses run to timetable and are really cheap. We walked to Ag Nik a few times which takes around thirty minutes at a stroll.The hotel is situated on quite a short steep hill, which may be something to consider if you have any health issues or mobility problems if you decide to walk back from town or indeed the supermarket, as it is uphill, especially if the temperature is high.

All staff we encountered were friendly and eager to please. Overall the hotel is in a lovely location and we had a great time relaxing and enjoying the scenery. In my opinion, this is not a five star luxury resort but a good four star tourist style hotel. I didn't find any major faults, thoroughly enjoyed my relaxing stay and would have no hesitation in returning for a second visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pollycameroz
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have never found it necessary to write a review and have thought people often make very high demands but I felt this should be mentioned....
We have just returned from a beautiful family wedding at this resort, they certainly pulled out all the stops here and made it all just perfect for all. The service and attention was first class, all the staff were amazing ! The wedding breakfast was excellent !
Not quite the case for the rest of our stay...
On arrival we were told we were all upgraded which was not so for the unlucky few of the party. Although I realize they had to accommodate 28 of us the contrast of the rooms provided was huge ! My husband and I and my son and girlfriend were in 117 & 118, we found them to be very small and not up to the standard of other 5 star hotels we have visited, as in other reviews our bathroom was very poor, one evening the shower was cold so I was unable to wash my hair, not a big deal but do need hot water !
On arrival I had to get the floor cleaned as there was a lot of long hair about from the previous occupant, not very pleasant! My husband is extremely particular and this made our stay less enjoyable.
Some of the food was ok but generally not a high standard for the price paid.
To sum up,a beautiful setting for a wedding, but hotel could do better !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Elaine1542013
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Seen a few complaints and some great reviews for this place. I am somewhere in the middle. We got decent value I think. Positives is - very nice location, lovely views and walks and it was quiet and peaceful. Downside - did not realise was quite so far from city centre and mainly our lack of enthusiasm was when we got there we were very disappointed with Ag Nik. The nice parts are very small although same went for most of pics we had seen before going, these wide angle lens have a lot to answer for. The very pretty Marina area is about the siz of a small boating lake. I would say it was ok as a hotel although would not go back to Ag Nik anyway

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gerry r
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel. The staff are great. The setting is superb, the sea is clean and clear. The local town is very nice for dinner or an evening stroll. We had no complaints and I am a certified fusspot!

• Stayed: August 2013