“Great food”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just by the Lake - La Casa makes you feel special. The food and service was excellent. The cooking was just right and the service matched the perfect location.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We have just returned from our summer break in Agios. One of the highlights this year were our meals at La Casa. The food and service seem to get better every year. On more than one evening La Casa was completely full with diners.

Thank you to Nikos, Panos and of course Maria for making our evenings by the Lake so pleasant.

1  Thank Movements
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We choose to go to La Casa because this restaurant was recommended by Fodor's travel guide. We were not disappointed! The service was very good and the food was great too. We were seated at a very nice table that gave us view of the lake and the square. When our waiter brought us the wine list, I was not sure what to choose (I always take more time than everyone else at the table to make a choice either with food or drink) so he offered me to try some wines and then make a choice. This was so nice. I liked their house wine a lot and that was my selection. Then, I had to choose a dish. Everything looked very good on the menu and I was not sure again. So the waiter came to the rescue and he said since we were in Greece, we had to try more of the local cuisine and suggested a Kleftiko (this is lamb slow-baked on the bone, first marinated in garlic and lemon juice, originally cooked in a pit oven). While we waited for our food we were sitting in the restaurant enjoying our drinks in a very friendly and relaxing atmosphere. When the food arrived, it was absolutely amazing. The meat melted in my mouth, and the vegetables were cooked just right. Everything was so fresh and tasted wonderful! I enjoyed my meal very much. We did not order any desert, however after our meal they brought us some desert on the house. It was a pie with some sort of whipped cream or cheese (or both... and it included some nuts and dried fruit as well), and again it tasted amazing. It was one of the most memorable meals in Greece and if you staying in the area try to visit this restaurant at least once. We met another couple there and they told us they come to La Casa every evening for dinner while staying in Agios Nikolaos.

1  Thank Mila12345_14
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Maria and her team (Nicos and Banos) are fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble and the view over the lake at night is magical.We were treated so well. Legendary Kleftiko!!!!!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Ate at La Casa twice during our holiday, both times a lovely meal.

On the second visit I was looking for a vegetable moussaka on the menu, being a non-meat eater and having chosen the excellent Briam earlier in the week. Although not on the menu, the waiter said as the dishes were prepared to order, he would ask Chef if a non-meat version could be produced. Ever obliging, said dish was created - delicious!

With lovely views of the lake, and a very reasonably priced menu I can certainly recommend La Casa. Another plus point - the restaurant can be accessed from the main pedestrianised road at the rear so avoiding running the gauntlet of the other lakeside eateries!

1  Thank WorcesterSource7