Coral Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Alantha Apartments Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
Hermes Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
  • Pool
Mistral Bay Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
  • Breakfast included
    Victoria Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
    Mirsini Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
    Hotel Kouros(Agios Nikolaos)
    Average 3/5
      All reviewsdownstairs barsister hotel next doorsea viewrecommend this hotelair consaladpool areasandwichesplenty of choiceadequate sizemissed dinnerbeach towelsgreek economythree starfantastic locationrestaurant managertea making facilities
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 7 September 2013

I came to this hotel with my wife this summer in august 2013
      We wait about 1.5 -2 to get our room and then we sew that we got a room far away from -yes -second elevator and after about 55-60 meters walking in the hall.
      The room was OK and the room service was good.
      The room was with a view to some construction building-not highly recommended!!
      In the reception was no hello attitude -till i sad hello to concierge -all 10 nights-not quiet polite!
      The food was OK except breakfast -very poore.
      The other things are ok ?but i not really recommending on this hotel-service very poor!

Room Tip: You must order a sea room ahead before the trip/
      • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two weeks in August 2013 with two teenagers. First of all I would like to say that Monarch/Cosmos, with whom we booked, did not mention the suitability of the hotel for that age, and I can confirm that I would not recommend this hotel for anyone under the age of 40, as the majority of the clientele are at least that age (including me!). Location is the hotel's greatest asset; only a five minute walk from the lovely town, with its abundant restaurants, bars and shops, with no tacky English/foreign bars and enough variety to please all ages, including trendy disco type bars that seemed to be packed with under 30s most nights. The hotel has a small shingle beach in front of it, which you get to by descending some steep steps. The sea is lovely and clean here but you do have to pay 2.00 Euros for each sunbed and another 2.50 for a parasol, which is essential in August. As a private beach, I thought this was a bit mean.

I had been pre-warned to book a room on the 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th room for a view of the sea, which I did. This cost me more on top of the basic holiday, but it was well worth it. The views from there are the best aspects of the hotel. On the 1st ad 2nd floors other travellers reported traffic noise, and some rooms had views of unfinished buildings or faced other peoples' rooms. The room was dated, and the carpets a bit stained in places, but the bathroom was very clean and I was impressed that the cleaners changed our towels every day and provided complementary soap and shower gel every day. Sheets appeared to be changed at least once every three days. I couldn't fault the cleanliness of the hotel toilets or rooms themselves. The cleaners obviously work very hard.

The food was OK, but nothing fancy, and by the end of the holiday I was sick of seeing melon, grapes and peaches as the only fresh fruit alternative to some children's party type desserts. There was not an authentic Greek dessert in sight, apart from the yoghurt. Jelly and what resembled blancmange or cake with mock cream were served regularly; other nationalities appeared to like it, but I would have liked to have seen some Baklava or a greater variety of fresh fruit. I would also have liked to have seen some fresh fish, but had to go to the local tavernas to even have calamares or whitebait. The only fish that regularly appeared was some tasteless, and I suspect frozen, baked perch or similar. Don't get me wrong, the food was edible, just not very exciting. My beer drinking husband and son suspected the beer had been watered down a bit too.

The pool area was very pleasant and well maintained. It was nice to have a salt water rather than a chlorine pool - easier on the eyes. Also the view from the terrace could be enjoyed by those who were not fortunate enough to have a seaview room.. The bar opened at 10.00am and closed at 5.30, with cold drinks, coffee and tea, local brand alcohol, beer and wine served, with "coffee and cakes" for an hour in the afternoon. Ice cream was also available during this time. Most days there were enough sun loungers, except towards the end of the holiday, where several people (not Brits!) decided to ignore the "no reserving" rule and hogged several sunbeds as soon as the terrace was open, but didn't actually use them until a couple of hours later. Most annoying..

There was no real entertainment to speak of; a sad disco once a week with a local middle-aged DJ playing the hits of years gone by (to which nobody, except one French lady, danced), a trio of British dancers one night, and a Cretan night (four locals performing typical Greek and Cretan dances for an hour). The best night was when a young British couple got everyone to skip in the middle of the dance floor; if it hadn't have been for them the place would have been dead. Most nights we went out for drinks elsewhere, despite having paid all-inclusive. In any case, you could only drink local brands, which weren't up to much, although Metaxa 3 Star was OK with coke. I felt sorry for Marianna who worked behind the bar. She was always smiling and cheerful. Some of the other staff in the hotel were not particularly helpful or friendly, particularly the sour-faced middle-aged woman at reception and the scary guy in charge of the restaurant who fingered the croissants with his bare hands.......

I would recommend this hotel for middle aged couples and above, who don't mind not eating local food, want to relax by the pool and do not much else apart from admire the view. I would not recommend it for anyone wanting to try Greek food or be entertained.

Room Tip: Pay the supplement for a sea view room from the 4th floor upwards. Be aware this hotel may not be suitable for the disabled because of the steps to the beach and the need to use steps to get to the restaurant and pool area.
      • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
      1  Thank missnorth
      Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed here for a week and overall it was a reasonably nice and comfortable hotel with fairly good food. The bed was comfy - although we were a little disappointed that having booked a double room it was just two single beds pushed together, and not even made up with double sheets. The room was clean and the view from our balcony was lovely.

However we were not at all happy to find that the cleaner had been smoking in our room! We also found that the hotel manager was very rude - when we politely spoke to him at dinner one night as the pork was undercooked he insisted quite rudely it was not, and gave us filthy looks for the rest of the week.

I would visit Agios Nikolaos again, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely request a sea view room as a lot of the non-sea view rooms had views of a construction site!
      • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
      Reviewed 22 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for one week all-inclusive at the Coral Hotel and we never wanted to leave. We paid extra for the sea-view which was worth every penny and more. I couldn't wait to open the curtains every morning!

Transfer from Heraklion took two hours as there were so many drop offs along the way. We missed dinner by a long way so they had left two salads and some water in the fridge for us which was very nice.

Room was great - we had air con, a safe, a TV, a kettle and teabags / coffee / hot chocolate (plus powdered milk - good thinking!), dressing table, room phone, and a hairdryer in the bathroom. The maids cleaned it every day and brought fresh towels and bedding. We were also provided with a beach towel each.

Pool area was nice too. It's a rooftop pool so I often felt a bit like I was on a cruise! Great views out over the bay, free drinks and ice cream for all inclusive guests whilst snacks were half price. Never had any trouble getting a sun lounger, and there was direct sun there from first thing in the morning until about half five. The pool wasn't massive but there were only ever a couple of people in it anyway, just having a dip to cool down. It would be a waste to have a bigger pool really as the sea is right outside the front of the hotel.

The pebble beach across the road from the hotel is just great. It doesn't look a deal from the road but we gave it a go and ended up spending most of the days there. The pebbles are plenty comfy enough to lie on (although you can hire sun loungers for 2.50 and parasols for 2 euros), the sea was lovely to swim in and there were buoys to mark out the safe area, and they also have scuba diving there. If you want sandy beaches there is one a five minute walk to the left, and one ten / fifteen minutes to the right. I would recommend the one on the right, you have to walk through town but the sea there is so calm that it's like being in a huge Swiss lake (just a lot warmer!)

The food was lovely, all buffet style so you can try whatever you want. Breakfast was full English, continental, bread, fruit, cereals, yoghurt, etc. Lunch and dinner had plenty of different dishes - usually spaghetti, lots of nice fish, different meat dishes, rice, potatoes, veg, pizza, etc, and they had some traditional Greek dishes too. More salad than I ever seen in my life - all very fresh. Dessert was a selection of cakes / mousse and there was always ice cream and sauce. At lunch and dinner the waitresses took drink orders at the table. They gave us a packed lunch when we went for a day out - this was a ham and cheese sandwich (they put butter and a tomato in the bag so you could add what you wanted), an apple and a boiled egg.

The bar downstairs was fine for a drink or two in the evening. It wasn't the most amazing decor (the furniture reminded me a bit of a sixth form common area) but the staff were lovely (as they were through the whole hotel) and we enjoyed just having a drink there before / after dinner and then walking into town (five / ten minutes to the right). It's not the sort of place you could sit in all night every night, but that's not what we wanted. They had one or two nights of entertainment in the week we were there but we didn't see it as we were usually walking around the town.

We left late on the last day (9pm pick up) but we had to check out of the room by 12 noon. I was a bit unsure about how that would work but they gave us somewhere to store our luggage and provided a room where we could have a shower and get changed later on so we could still go the beach and freshen up afterwards, they left lots of towels and shower gel for everyone to use. There is only one room though so don't leave it til the last minute because you might have to wait for other people to finish! As we were so late leaving they let us have an extra evening meal free of charge which made life a lot easier too (our board was meant to be Tuesday evening til the following Tuesday lunch).

I really can't emphasise enough what a lovely hotel this is. We were just looking for a sunshine getaway to chill out after a busy year, but we somehow stumbled upon this little gem. Perfect location, great service and it didn't break the bank!

Room Tip: Without a doubt, pay the extra for a sea view!
      • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
      2  Thank Jess G
      Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just returned from a last min one week all inclusive from the coral. Know the area well as have been visiting elounda for the last 6 years on a self catering basis, so all inclusive was very weird for me, we arrived at the hotel at 5am, quick service at reception and a night porter brought our cases up for us as we were on the sixth floor. Hotel seemed full and knew we had booked an inland view but was very disappointed to be looking at the side wall of the next building on top of that we didn't even have a balcony!!!!! And it was a double bed that my mum and I had to share, never the less otherwise our room was great, air con, safe, room cleaned every day with fresh towels and also towels for the pool area,this was great until I returned to my sunbed after lunch and someone had stolen the sunbed and towel!!!! Food was lovely, plenty of choice from hot to cold food cakes to fresh fruit. Staff arw very helpful and friendly and work very hard. All inclusive finished at 11 so we stocked up on drinks just before. One thing that did disappointed me was the entertainment, or should I say lack of!!!! Out of a seven night stay there was only three nights entertainment. We arrived early weds so weds was a Greek night, very enjoyable then nothing Thurs Fri or Sat then disco was entertainment on Sundays by dj manos,Monday nothing and then lucky we had a late pick up as tue entertainment was three girls dancing, well worth watching they must have changed costumes 15 times at least, we had to be out of the room by 12 mid day but wasn't being picked up until 23.50 we were then able to keep the room until 6 for a cost of 30euro, this was expected and at least we were able to have a shower after a last min day at the policy,.

Room Tip: Make sure you have see view and room with a balcony. Tip not room 625
      • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family