Just back from a very relaxing break at candia park village. The views over mirabello bay are fantastic, location is quiet and there's plenty to do or you can just relax. We had a sea view apartment which was well worth the upgrade price ( much cheaper arranged with the hotel than with Thomson). Our room had a large terrace with gorgeous views and easy access to the sea. The facilities in the rooms are basic but this was no problem.The staff are great, very friendly and helpful, particularly at the pool bar which is fantastic.We hired a car from Byron cars in town and got a really good price. This was great as we explored eastern Crete which really enhanced our holiday. The water sports at the hotel are fairly priced and there's a great selection of water sports available. We ate out most nights and all the food we had was delicious. Plaka has some great fish restaurants, the food at the ferryman in elounda is fantastic and we tried both of the restaurants east of the harbour in aghios nikolaos which were of a very high standard and good price. The bars around the lake are a lovely spot to relax and watch the world go by in the evenings. We also ate at Valetti taverna up in the plains of Lassithi which was well worth the trip. We didn't book a B and B deal which suited us as we like the flexibility of self catering. We did have breakfast in the hotel a couple of times which was good but I'd recommend going before 9 as it gets really busy. There is a themed buffet night each week which is worth attending. This holiday was so relaxing, we all had great time so we plan to return next year. Good value, aghios nikolaos is a lovely town and the surrounding sea and mountains are breath taking. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Cretan style village right on the sea between Aghios Nikolaos (3.5km) and Elounda (5km), from which a frequent bus service connects with both villages.The airport and capital City of Heraklion are 65 km away, and all the fascinating attractions of the island can be reached by full or half day excursions. The village is comprised of 222 units of different types, set among 65.000 square meters of gardens. All units enjoy the same facilities including individual air-conditioning / heating, direct dial telephone, safety deposit box, TV, fridge, facilities for light cooking, filter coffee machines, hairdryer, private bath and shower and large terrace or balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candia Park Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candia Park Village Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Candia Park Village Agios Nikolaos
- Candia Park Village Crete/Agios Nikolaos