Candia Park Village
Meliti Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
Dimitra Aparthotel(Agios Nikolaos)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Vasia Ormos Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
  • Pool
Eliza Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
View Hotel
All reviewsself cateringprivate beachkids clubclock towermini clubsuperior familypool barag nikinternet cafemain restaurantpools are greatcretan nightwater sportsfamily hotelfamily vacationnice resortwhole complex
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After last year's experience, we could not wait to come back!
Very relaxing, extremely safe and perfect staff.
Kids love it and we feel at home.
Everything was perfect!
Already planning to visit again next year!
Thanks Candia

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George F
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a one-bedroom apartment for a family of 4. Good sized bedroom, main living area big enough to not feel cramped even with the beds made up, and huge balcony. The room was serviced every day. Lovely pool area with gardens and gorgeous views over the bay, and we never had trouble getting sun loungers. Nice pool bar as well which also serves toasties and ice creams. Little beach area down a few steps, again, plenty sun loungers. Reasonably well-stocked mini supermarket on site though it was a bit pricey. Free Wi-Fi was available at the pool bar during the day and at the internet cafe in the evening.

We only ate at the taverna a couple of times, it was OK, but it so easy to get the bus into Ag Nik in the evening and there you have a huge choice of restaurants. Get the timetable from reception, that gives you the time the bus leaves Elounda, and it arrives across the road from Candia Park about 15 minutes later. €1.60 each. Last bus is early though,so taxi back, €8.

Agios Nikolaos is a beautiful little town, with plenty of shops & restaurants along the seafront, around the lake area and by the marina. Around the lake the general rule seems to be the better the view, the more expensive the restaurant. The Euro is quite favourable at the moment and we found eating out to be cheaper than at home.

The bus going the other way goes to Elounda, from which you can easily get a boat to Spinalonga for €10 per person, much cheaper than the excursion prices.

Overall, lovely family accommodation, lovely location, would happily recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Elaine101
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My mother and I stayed for one week in mid July, thanks to the useful reviews on Trip Advisor!

We were not disappointed... the beautiful pink flowers framed excellent views of the Cretan sea, the food was plentiful and delicious, and the private beach offered various water sports if you wanted to be more active than we did on our relaxing break!

Relax is certainly what we managed, as the pool bar's chilled out music and lovely cool cocktails made sure of that. Manolis looked after us well!

When we felt like cooling down, the pools were great. Even during the busy periods, they were still refreshing, as the children were well behaved. In fact, the guests, who seemed mainly to be German and French, were polite and friendly. Free towels were provided for the pool and the beach and you could change them when you wanted, always to the friendly smile of Tony!

The apartments were cleaned each day, and again towels were changed. We were surprised to find our nighties folded like origami each day and on the last night to find some of their lovely flowers sprinkled upon them!

The staff could not do enough for us and displayed Greek hospitality very well. They spoke very good English but appreciated any attempts at broken Greek!

We had two day trips, one to Agios Nikolaos and one to Elounda and from there the old leper colony on the island of Spinalonga. Both towns are lovely and very picturesque. Taxis were reasonably priced and were so easy to book that it seemed like magic, as the receptionist pressed a button and one appeared literally a couple of minutes later.

We would recommend getting taxis rather than the coach to the airport if you are going with Thomson, to avoid picking everyone else up on a long trip.

Why on earth anyone made negative comments about this place, especially the staff, I cannot fathom. They were genuine and felt like friends and would, for example, help to cheer up little kiddies who had dropped their ice cream.

I think we need to start saving our pennies for a return trip!

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank KTMags
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked a holiday for me and my partner to Candia Park, it was my first time in Greece and after a horrible flight from Manchester arriving to some freaky weather, thunder and lightning, I was worrying that the week would be ruined. However, when we arrived at the hotel it looked beautiful and after a late snack in the main bar we went back to room to unpack and rest for an early start. We had booked breakfast with our hotel deal, and I cannot fault it, every day was delicious with a huge variety from cereals, to breads, hot breakfast options including eggs, pancakes, potato dishes and bacon/sausage. The chef on the pancake/eggs area - Manolis was very friendly and made me fresh fried eggs and pancakes everyday just to the way I would cook them myself, thank you very much to him. The pool bar staff were also wonderful, making pots of tea / cocktails etc, and even when we left Manos – the main bartender gave my partner and me a free drink. I didn’t get the lady’s name who worked with him but they were both brilliant! The young blonde haired lady who worked at the main bar all day and in the evening was very friendly, bringing small snacks with our drinks, always smiling and welcoming. The waitresses and young waiter at meal times all worked hard and I want to thank them, I didn’t get all of their names but the names I did remember are; Katarina, Marieta and George.

The room was great, it had cooking facilities if you wanted to cook, however we just went into the local town to eat most nights, €8 each way a fixed price but reasonable. The town had a variety of lovely restaurants which we tried a few, and a selection of great ice cream places! Back to the hotel…. The pool was amazing, they had a few pools but the main large one had less children so we sunbathed nearer that one, the beach was 1 minute down some steps which was private to the hotel was also lovely. The towel hut opened at 10am and you could get fresh towels daily, the young man on there spoke very good English and he was lovely, I didn’t catch his name…

Basically I think the hotel was brilliant I would definitely go back and I would recommend to any body going to Crete, Agios Nikolas. All the staff were exceptional, and a big thank you to every one there. Especially the reception staff for extending our room until 6pm. We didn’t book a late check out with Thomson but they gave us the room till the evening free of charge.

Again a huge thank you to everyone there ☺

Room Tip: we booked a standard double room apartment and it was excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank tara s
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just back from a very relaxing break at candia park village. The views over mirabello bay are fantastic, location is quiet and there's plenty to do or you can just relax. We had a sea view apartment which was well worth the upgrade price ( much cheaper arranged with the hotel than with Thomson). Our room had a large terrace with gorgeous views and easy access to the sea. The facilities in the rooms are basic but this was no problem.The staff are great, very friendly and helpful, particularly at the pool bar which is fantastic.We hired a car from Byron cars in town and got a really good price. This was great as we explored eastern Crete which really enhanced our holiday. The water sports at the hotel are fairly priced and there's a great selection of water sports available. We ate out most nights and all the food we had was delicious. Plaka has some great fish restaurants, the food at the ferryman in elounda is fantastic and we tried both of the restaurants east of the harbour in aghios nikolaos which were of a very high standard and good price. The bars around the lake are a lovely spot to relax and watch the world go by in the evenings. We also ate at Valetti taverna up in the plains of Lassithi which was well worth the trip. We didn't book a B and B deal which suited us as we like the flexibility of self catering. We did have breakfast in the hotel a couple of times which was good but I'd recommend going before 9 as it gets really busy. There is a themed buffet night each week which is worth attending. This holiday was so relaxing, we all had great time so we plan to return next year. Good value, aghios nikolaos is a lovely town and the surrounding sea and mountains are breath taking. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are at the quieter partof the hotel and tend to have larger balconies
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family