Candia Park Village
Naiades Almiros River Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)(Great Value!)
US$64
Faedra Beach Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$62
US$307
US$262
Du Lac hotel(Agios Nikolaos)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Bar/Lounge
Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas(Agios Nikolaos)
US$481
US$393
Doxa Hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
US$67
  • Bar/Lounge
Minos Beach Art hotel(Agios Nikolaos)
US$246
Travelocity
Elpida Village(Istron)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsself cateringprivate beachkids clubclock towermini clubsuperior familypool barag nikinternet cafemain restaurantpools are greatcretan nightwater sportsfamily hotelfamily vacationnice resortwhole complex
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had perfect family vacation (5 persons) - a week in Candia Park village:
Our apartment has a great sea view. Lovely pool area. Friendly staff, quick service.
And food is my favourite, it was delicious.
I'd like to come back as soon as possible! Huge thanks to everyone there!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Evgenia_Sh_Vit
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After last year's experience, we could not wait to come back!
Very relaxing, extremely safe and perfect staff.
Kids love it and we feel at home.
Everything was perfect!
Already planning to visit again next year!
Thanks Candia

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George F
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We had a one-bedroom apartment for a family of 4. Good sized bedroom, main living area big enough to not feel cramped even with the beds made up, and huge balcony. The room was serviced every day. Lovely pool area with gardens and gorgeous views over the bay, and we never had trouble getting sun loungers. Nice pool bar as well which also serves toasties and ice creams. Little beach area down a few steps, again, plenty sun loungers. Reasonably well-stocked mini supermarket on site though it was a bit pricey. Free Wi-Fi was available at the pool bar during the day and at the internet cafe in the evening.

We only ate at the taverna a couple of times, it was OK, but it so easy to get the bus into Ag Nik in the evening and there you have a huge choice of restaurants. Get the timetable from reception, that gives you the time the bus leaves Elounda, and it arrives across the road from Candia Park about 15 minutes later. €1.60 each. Last bus is early though,so taxi back, €8.

Agios Nikolaos is a beautiful little town, with plenty of shops & restaurants along the seafront, around the lake area and by the marina. Around the lake the general rule seems to be the better the view, the more expensive the restaurant. The Euro is quite favourable at the moment and we found eating out to be cheaper than at home.

The bus going the other way goes to Elounda, from which you can easily get a boat to Spinalonga for €10 per person, much cheaper than the excursion prices.

Overall, lovely family accommodation, lovely location, would happily recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Elaine101
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My mother and I stayed for one week in mid July, thanks to the useful reviews on Trip Advisor!

We were not disappointed... the beautiful pink flowers framed excellent views of the Cretan sea, the food was plentiful and delicious, and the private beach offered various water sports if you wanted to be more active than we did on our relaxing break!

Relax is certainly what we managed, as the pool bar's chilled out music and lovely cool cocktails made sure of that. Manolis looked after us well!

When we felt like cooling down, the pools were great. Even during the busy periods, they were still refreshing, as the children were well behaved. In fact, the guests, who seemed mainly to be German and French, were polite and friendly. Free towels were provided for the pool and the beach and you could change them when you wanted, always to the friendly smile of Tony!

The apartments were cleaned each day, and again towels were changed. We were surprised to find our nighties folded like origami each day and on the last night to find some of their lovely flowers sprinkled upon them!

The staff could not do enough for us and displayed Greek hospitality very well. They spoke very good English but appreciated any attempts at broken Greek!

We had two day trips, one to Agios Nikolaos and one to Elounda and from there the old leper colony on the island of Spinalonga. Both towns are lovely and very picturesque. Taxis were reasonably priced and were so easy to book that it seemed like magic, as the receptionist pressed a button and one appeared literally a couple of minutes later.

We would recommend getting taxis rather than the coach to the airport if you are going with Thomson, to avoid picking everyone else up on a long trip.

Why on earth anyone made negative comments about this place, especially the staff, I cannot fathom. They were genuine and felt like friends and would, for example, help to cheer up little kiddies who had dropped their ice cream.

I think we need to start saving our pennies for a return trip!

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank KTMags
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked a holiday for me and my partner to Candia Park, it was my first time in Greece and after a horrible flight from Manchester arriving to some freaky weather, thunder and lightning, I was worrying that the week would be ruined. However, when we arrived at the hotel it looked beautiful and after a late snack in the main bar we went back to room to unpack and rest for an early start. We had booked breakfast with our hotel deal, and I cannot fault it, every day was delicious with a huge variety from cereals, to breads, hot breakfast options including eggs, pancakes, potato dishes and bacon/sausage. The chef on the pancake/eggs area - Manolis was very friendly and made me fresh fried eggs and pancakes everyday just to the way I would cook them myself, thank you very much to him. The pool bar staff were also wonderful, making pots of tea / cocktails etc, and even when we left Manos – the main bartender gave my partner and me a free drink. I didn’t get the lady’s name who worked with him but they were both brilliant! The young blonde haired lady who worked at the main bar all day and in the evening was very friendly, bringing small snacks with our drinks, always smiling and welcoming. The waitresses and young waiter at meal times all worked hard and I want to thank them, I didn’t get all of their names but the names I did remember are; Katarina, Marieta and George.

The room was great, it had cooking facilities if you wanted to cook, however we just went into the local town to eat most nights, €8 each way a fixed price but reasonable. The town had a variety of lovely restaurants which we tried a few, and a selection of great ice cream places! Back to the hotel…. The pool was amazing, they had a few pools but the main large one had less children so we sunbathed nearer that one, the beach was 1 minute down some steps which was private to the hotel was also lovely. The towel hut opened at 10am and you could get fresh towels daily, the young man on there spoke very good English and he was lovely, I didn’t catch his name…

Basically I think the hotel was brilliant I would definitely go back and I would recommend to any body going to Crete, Agios Nikolas. All the staff were exceptional, and a big thank you to every one there. Especially the reception staff for extending our room until 6pm. We didn’t book a late check out with Thomson but they gave us the room till the evening free of charge.

Again a huge thank you to everyone there ☺

Room Tip: we booked a standard double room apartment and it was excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple