The Minos Beach Art Hotel is truly wonderful. The facilities, accommodation and staff are all fantastic and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.
It is perfect whether you want a peaceful relaxing holiday as a couple or a family break as the facilities cater for all needs. Lovely pool, however we didn't spend a great deal of time there as the views by the sea were picturesque and the sea wonderfully warm.
There was plenty to choose from for breakfast ranging from pancakes and cooked breakfast to traditional Greek yoghurt, honey and fruit, plenty for all tastes. The evening menu choices were limited to three options, but all cooked to perfection with a salad buffet to accompany , again a range to cater for all tastes. Every Tuesday night you can book (at an additional 55euros) to have a Champagne and Lobster meal on the roof top restaurant that over looks the bay. We found this definitely worth the extra money as the serves was 100% and the spectacular views over the Mirabello Gulf really made it a memorable evening.
We had a Junior Suite bungalow room 44, situated 1 row back from the beach and not really overlooked by anyone. Our room was the perfect size with a dressing table, small TV and a sofa and double bed, the only slight improvement that we thought could have been made would be a softer mattress as the bed was quite hard, all though I do believe that you could ask for a mattress topper. The rooms were cleaned daily and always spotless with clean towels fro the bathroom and beach also provided daily.
The gardens are also worth a mention as there are many different pieces of art work situated in and around the hotel, some more abstract than others. You often bump into these when wandering around the well kept grounds of the hotel and are worth stoping and having a look.
All in all a fantastic hotel and holiday and would definitely return!
Thanks to all the staff who made this a truly special stay!
Becky & Will - Room 44
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Beach art hotel has been influenced by the traditional architectural style of fishermen’s villages of Eastern Crete. One storey, whitewashed bungalows and villas with terraces and minimal interiors are almost touching the sea. The unique environs of the hotel with its sumptuous gardens and narrow stone paved streets host the 45 works of Greek and foreign artists. In the eastern part of Crete, only a ten-minute walk from the town centre of Agios Nikolaos and a 45-minute drive from the airport of Heraklion. Exquisite decoration features, minimalist forms and Feng-Shui elements enriched by the Greek aesthetics of cotton and wood, handcrafted details, candles and water syntheses, create unique spaces and corners, making your stay in Minos Beach unforgettable. For a truly VIP experience at Minos Beach, we offer one presidential villa and three executive villas with private swimming pools, as well as exclusive bungalows that are literary “caressing” the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Minos Beach Art hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Minos Beach Art Resort
- Hotel Minos Beach Art
- Minos Beach Hotel
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos