For Crete and most destinations this in the 'more' expensive hotel bracket. A standard room is £180 plus a day, going up to Superior Villas (with pools or by the sea) at £400 plus a day. Includes breakfast.
It is a beautiful setting and well appointed and the staff are friendly but distant. The private sun decks and beach are excellent and great for snorkelling.
However, it is the first hotel we've stayed that has a hierarchical structure. Depending on your accommodation this dictates what restaurant you can use. Also, much to our surprise, there's a dress code for evening bars and restaurants, no jeans or any clothes that can be classed as 'sports'. Although had a brought sufficiently smart clothes (Hackett etc) these were all polo tops and the like. We weren't to happy about this after paying such a premPium. So we avoided using their bars and restaurants. Also despite the contemporary website and publicity materials, the clientele are in the main middle aged to older.
There are many good and reasonable restaurants very near the hotel, see my other reviews, and the town centre is a 15 min walk. The municipal beach is also next door which has a good cafe, the guys who run it are great, and it's worth checking out.
It is a very nice hotel but not a five star modern hotel. Internet slow, showers go cold at peak times, blownlights left unreplaced, shower gel and soap dispensers empty. The gardens are over grown and a bit unkept and the beach umbrellas and other kit woren and a bit shaky. It seems caught in a timewarp, having been established in the 60s. The art is not looking its best! We were told they still have many customers still coming after 40 years, they are still have that mind set, it's a bit Absolutely Fabulous in a way.....was chic but heading to shabby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Beach art hotel has been influenced by the traditional architectural style of fishermen’s villages of Eastern Crete. One storey, whitewashed bungalows and villas with terraces and minimal interiors are almost touching the sea. The unique environs of the hotel with its sumptuous gardens and narrow stone paved streets host the 45 works of Greek and foreign artists. In the eastern part of Crete, only a ten-minute walk from the town centre of Agios Nikolaos and a 45-minute drive from the airport of Heraklion. Exquisite decoration features, minimalist forms and Feng-Shui elements enriched by the Greek aesthetics of cotton and wood, handcrafted details, candles and water syntheses, create unique spaces and corners, making your stay in Minos Beach unforgettable. For a truly VIP experience at Minos Beach, we offer one presidential villa and three executive villas with private swimming pools, as well as exclusive bungalows that are literary “caressing” the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Minos Beach Art hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Minos Beach Art Resort
- Hotel Minos Beach Art
- Minos Beach Hotel
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos