Superior Waterfront Bungalow. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean if a little in need of paint touch-up etc. We had tea/coffee making facilities when we arrived, other people said they did not but asked and were given them. Each day we had fresh fruit, flowers and clean linen but often they forgot to leave tea and coffee, milk was only left once. Not a problem, we bought our own.
One small niggle was that there were two of us but only one comfortable chair in the bungalow. We raised it with the holiday company rep and the hotel staff but nothing happened. We were allowed to stay in our room until 7 on the last day as we had a late flight.
We usually prefer buffet restaurants but the Ambrosia a la carte came as standard with the room and we were not disappointed. There were six courses including a cheese and salad buffet and a desert buffet and the food was excellent. Breakfast quality and choice was excellent, hot buffet, cold buffet, fresh orange juice, omelette, fried egg and pancakes made to order. Buffet items could have done with labels as there are sweet things amongst the savoury. That hash brown you fancy might turn out to be a pineapple fritter.
We were glad we were warned about the hard bed, we emailed the hotel in advance and requested a mattress topper and double bed. Room and pool towels are provided, there is a room safe and air con free of charge.
It was a 20 minute stroll into town with plenty of good tavernas and small supermarkets. Bus stops outside front of hotel to Elounda and Plaka or into Agios Nikolaos. We can recommend the bus to Plaka and a short ferry to Spinalonga Island. The ferry was 8 euros each. We were told there were no toilets on the island but there were, there is also a bar but that was shut so take water. The bus fare to Plaka was 2.10 euros each way.
The hotel grounds are lovely, the location is stunning and the artwork is interesting. The paths around the grounds are a bit uneven so stiletto heels are not a good idea. We don't normally revisit hotels or resorts, preferring to try something new each holiday but this one was so nice we will go back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Beach art hotel has been influenced by the traditional architectural style of fishermen’s villages of Eastern Crete. One storey, whitewashed bungalows and villas with terraces and minimal interiors are almost touching the sea. The unique environs of the hotel with its sumptuous gardens and narrow stone paved streets host the 45 works of Greek and foreign artists. In the eastern part of Crete, only a ten-minute walk from the town centre of Agios Nikolaos and a 45-minute drive from the airport of Heraklion. Exquisite decoration features, minimalist forms and Feng-Shui elements enriched by the Greek aesthetics of cotton and wood, handcrafted details, candles and water syntheses, create unique spaces and corners, making your stay in Minos Beach unforgettable. For a truly VIP experience at Minos Beach, we offer one presidential villa and three executive villas with private swimming pools, as well as exclusive bungalows that are literary “caressing” the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Lastminute, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Minos Beach Art hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Minos Beach Art Resort
- Hotel Minos Beach Art
- Minos Beach Hotel
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos