My husband and I enjoyed a very relaxing holiday at the Minos beach. Fortunately we were upgraded to a Junior Suite bungalow (No.43) which was set in lovely gardens within sight of the sea. I can understand why many people have said it is not a 5* hotel - It definitely is not your usual glitzy, all marble 5* hotel. It is however a "Greek Island rustic 5* The whole complex is very picturesque and the crazy paving looks "in keep" with the rustic look and is fine to walk on with flat or wedge shoes - ladies you do not need high heel in Minos beach or Ag,Nik as the town is quite hilly in places. The whole area is probably not suitable if you are not too steady on your feet or you like a lot of entertainment at night. However you can always take the short walk into Aghios Nikolaos which is a pleasant place to visit day or night, with good shops, many small bars and cafes.
I would say only the Junior Suites and above could be classed as 5* so unless you get a really good deal on the sea-view bungalows I feel you will be very disappointed as they are much smaller and very basic.
Hard beds - still quite firm with the mattress topper
Uncomfortable sun loungers
Tea & coffee facilities should be in all rooms (given on request)
Only get BBC world news and CNN news in English on the TV
Sort range wi-fi - the closer you get to reception the better
Stoney "beach" not very good for small children
Most of the staff are pleasant and efficient
Shop just across the road to buy water, drinks, snacks etc.
Bus stop just outside hotel
Lovely large pool
Plenty of sun loungers for everyone
To sum up: - If you just want a nice relaxing holiday in lovely surroundings, this is the place for you. If you take a good book and comfortable shoes I'm sure you will have a wonderful time like us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Beach art hotel has been influenced by the traditional architectural style of fishermen’s villages of Eastern Crete. One storey, whitewashed bungalows and villas with terraces and minimal interiors are almost touching the sea. The unique environs of the hotel with its sumptuous gardens and narrow stone paved streets host the 45 works of Greek and foreign artists. In the eastern part of Crete, only a ten-minute walk from the town centre of Agios Nikolaos and a 45-minute drive from the airport of Heraklion. Exquisite decoration features, minimalist forms and Feng-Shui elements enriched by the Greek aesthetics of cotton and wood, handcrafted details, candles and water syntheses, create unique spaces and corners, making your stay in Minos Beach unforgettable. For a truly VIP experience at Minos Beach, we offer one presidential villa and three executive villas with private swimming pools, as well as exclusive bungalows that are literary “caressing” the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, Bookgreece.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, Lastminute, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Minos Beach Art hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Minos Beach Art Resort
- Hotel Minos Beach Art
- Minos Beach Hotel
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos