We did not choose this hotel, but stayed here as part of a wedding party. What a lucky occurrence! Minos Beach is comfortable, beautiful, relaxing, charming and genuine. From the fantastic and charming staff, to the comfortable room (#120 - junior suite), to the excellent food, drinks and entertainment - flawless.
The location is excellent - outside of the town center. We enjoyed the short walk to town and nearby restaurants.
The amenities and features are lovely: two small beaches, plenty of entry points into the water throughout the property, a sizable pool, plenty of sun lounge locations, on-property restaurants of good quality. The breakfast is one of the best we have found anywhere in any hotel in the world. Great quality and fresh with many choices.
Children will love it (but the kids' presence will not be overbearing for those who don't have children, because there's so much space): We traveled with our 13-year-old and our niece and nephews (7, 5 and 2) and all of them had a great time, with plenty to do, see and learn.
Thanks to TripAdvisor, we asked for a mattress topper, which was perfectly comfortable for us. We also asked for coffee service in our room (tea, Nescafe, kettle), which was replenished regularly - perfect for mornings on our front patio.
As reported by others, the WiFi is slow (in an evening, you could find us all in the bar near the lobby trying to upload photos and check email, because that is where the best connection could be found). It wasn't a problem for us, since we weren't there to work.
We absolutely enjoyed our stay at Minos Beach and would be happy to return. Huge thanks to the staff for providing such a delightful and happy stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minos Beach art hotel has been influenced by the traditional architectural style of fishermen’s villages of Eastern Crete. One storey, whitewashed bungalows and villas with terraces and minimal interiors are almost touching the sea. The unique environs of the hotel with its sumptuous gardens and narrow stone paved streets host the 45 works of Greek and foreign artists. In the eastern part of Crete, only a ten-minute walk from the town centre of Agios Nikolaos and a 45-minute drive from the airport of Heraklion. Exquisite decoration features, minimalist forms and Feng-Shui elements enriched by the Greek aesthetics of cotton and wood, handcrafted details, candles and water syntheses, create unique spaces and corners, making your stay in Minos Beach unforgettable. For a truly VIP experience at Minos Beach, we offer one presidential villa and three executive villas with private swimming pools, as well as exclusive bungalows that are literary “caressing” the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Minos Beach Art hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Minos Beach Art Resort
- Hotel Minos Beach Art
- Minos Beach Hotel
- Minos Beach Art Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos