My family (wife and 2 children) together with another family, friends of us, visited Crete and stayed at Lato Hotel in Agios Nicolaos from the 20th until the 26th of July 2014.
We read the good critics for the hotel in Trip advisor and decided to book.
Where shall I start from? I am thrilled with this hotel!!
Lato is operating by a family, and they sure treat their guests as staying at their own home.
We made the reservation through Van (Vangelis) who is a member of the owning family. He was very helpful and allocated us a good family room with a king size bed and up and down beds for the children. He answered all our questions and did all his best to satisfy us before and after our arrival at the hotel.
The location of the hotel is one of the biggest advantages as it is only 15 minutes walking away from the centre being at the same time near and out the centre. One of the best beaches of Agios Nicolaos is situated just a 2 minutes walk from the hotel (Ammoudi beach).It also has a small playground and our children could spend some time there.
The room was fantastic. They had good quality towels, tea and coffee facilities and a fridge for our family needs. The children were very enthusiastic with the up and down beds and the king size bed was very comfortable for me and my wife. What really impressed us regarding the room but also all common areas and pool, was the level of cleanliness. I really cannot find a false regarding cleanliness. You could see and feel the good level of cleanliness wherever you go in the hotel. Well done!
The breakfast deserves to be mentioned. They had a good variety of items offering fresh products coming from their fields. Another member of the family, Mrs Maya, was preparing a specialty every day! We ate her delicious fig marmalade and her orange cake. We cant wait to go again for more delicacies..
The hotel was offering also lunch with limited dishes around the pool area. It also has a nice bar where you can enjoy your drinks around the pool or at night time when you need to relax. It does not offer dinner but who needs it as around of the hotel there are plenty of good choices.
The 3rd member of the family, Mr George, was very helpful with coordinating our trips around the area. Whatever he recommended was wonderful and worth it a visit! Thank you George!
In conclusion I would like to refer again to the quality of service, the cleanliness, good room, nice pool area and fresh breakfast. Excellent value for money! Perfect stay!
But mostly I would like to say about the way the owning family treats its guests. As owners, they do their best in order to provide genuine and excellent quality of service. Our holidays were enriched due to this family and their efforts to satisfy us!
Thank you Lato!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A cozy, attractive hotel set in beautiful surrounding gardens overlooking the Mirabello bay. It reflects the charm and peacefulness of the countryside, while the resort is within 15 minutes walking distance. A great friendly family hotel that ensures a more enjoyable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lato Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lato Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Lato Agios Nikolaos
- Lato Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos