All reviews shared pool beach bar sea view private beach spa team german guests through thomson breakfast and dinner superb views relaxing holiday plenty of choice wonderful hotel salt water pool nearest supermarket tea and coffee making facilities ag nik hotel grounds
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We stayed in a Sea View Junior Suite which had a shared pool . The room was absolutely perfect and the pool was only shared with another 2 suites. A perfect place to relax and unwind. In my opinion the sea view suites appear to be some of the best rooms due to the privacy and the pool shared with only a few others. The hotel has some other great rooms overlooking the main pool but we really enjoyed our suite.

After a long journey to get to Crete the blackout in the room was near perfect allowing a very long and restful sleep.

The breakfasts were very good and room service breakfasts were absolutely fantastic. I can't really comment on the evening dining as we tended to go out to eat.

Good, professional staff but the best thing of all is the absolutely amazing main pool - one of the best infinity pools I have seen. A salt water pool but really nice.

Room tip: The Sea view suites are fantastic
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Where do I start?

STAFF.
I wish to start with the staff. Please pardon me in advance for being gushy but my wife and I have never been made so genuinely welcome. We have not yet seen any unhappy people working here, from the maids to the manager.
The staff are genuine when they smile and are courteous. I watched when staff smiled at others and when they turn away their smile lingers; it doesn't instantly drop.
The service is second to none. The staff are very well trained, the moment your coffee cup is empty they politely ask if you want more; they are so attentive but not in your face at the same time.
I have spoken with other British people here and we all wonder, why on earth have we got it so wrong in the UK? Are our lives so busy and stressful that we have lost the warmth that these Cretan people have? I'm digressing.
All the staff are stars but I'd just like to mention two that have impressed me the most.
In the dining room we have Jianis, he is a true gentleman. At the beach bar we have Eleni, she has a lovely nature and she's so kind and helpful. Please ask her about her daughter Georgina, it's a pleasure to listen to her enthuse about her little two year old.
All the staff speak ample English; some speak German too but embarrassingly 90% of the Germans speak English, so I feel safe in saying that English is the language mostly used between staff and guests.
Why do we Brits take this for granted? It's embarrassing!

THE HOTEL.
This hotel is quite simply one of the most relaxing places we've ever visited. The views are absolutely stunning, stunning being the only word I can use to describe this place.
I can thoroughly recommend spending a little more on a bungalow with sea view, you can hear a pin drop, it's so quiet.
The rooms I presume aren't much different, after all it is an adult only hotel and the clientele all seem to be middle aged, with a few exceptions.

FOOD AND DRINK.
We find the food to be very varied. They pride themselves with the fact that they don't repeat menus except for the staples.
The food is always well cooked; the meats always tender etc.
The drinks are expensive but to be fair 24% of the price is vat, you know the rest..

Large Beer €5.00
Cocktails €8.40
Wine (1/2 bottle) €14.00

I heartily recommend this hotel for a relaxed, forget your troubles holiday where you want for nothing, in beautiful surroundings.

Right! I'm off to Agios Nicklaus for a beer overlooking the bottomless lake. Cheers!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank musicbailey
bluegr H, Manager at Minos Palace hotel & suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Dear musicbailey,

Thank you very much for your gracious review and for your warm words regarding our hotel TUI SENSIMAR Minos Palace hotel & suites and of course our staff members. We hope to see you again very soon in Agios Nikolaos.
Kind regards,
Michalis Daskalakis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Not usually ones for a package deal but we wanted a quiet week away to recharge and rest. Minos Palace was perfect. The weather was mixed, but some rain and thunder storms only to be expected at this time of year!
Quiet, relaxed and beautiful views from all around the hotel. Staff are friendly and accommodating. Hotel is clean and gardens delightful.
Pool is actually now an infinity pool...Thompson pics on website are out of date!
Food is good. Buffet style is not my favourite but there was always a good selection and I enjoyed the Greek specialities the best!
Culinarium a là cárte restaurant was really lovely and we had a beautiful sunset on the night we visited.
Room had great views across the bay and was perfectly adequate, comfortable and clean but not what I would consider 5*as damp patches on ceiling, cracks on wall above bed...trivial perhaps but noticeable.
We would definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel whilst staying in Crete for a friends wedding. The place is fantastic! Plenty of room, lovely staff, great food, immense views and surrounds. As a solo visitor I was made to feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. I bookend 2 massages in the Spa. 1st one with Christina was a medium strength deep massage which really hit the spot, very enjoyable. The 2nd with Katerina was more relaxing and wonderfully so. I felt rejuvenated and my raki hangover eased brilliantly. Both therapists very highly recommended and lovely people! I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay and thanks to all the staff!!
Efaristo Ploy!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Very well situated , stylish hotel .
No noice from surrounding hotels nor from street .
Exceptional setting near the sea with small private beach and lots of stone terraces with sunbeds .
Breakfastbuffet very good and dinner also in buffet excellent as well .
Friendly restaurant staff fluently English and German ( especially Iannis )
First time we had a adults only hotel and it was magnificent .
Most guest are normal decent people who seek a quiet and relaxing holiday .
15 minutes ( nice ) walk to Agios Nikolaos .
The multigym machine in the fitness is broken and seems to be broken a while now .
If not to be fixed this should be removed .

Room tip: Upper deck sea view room
Date of stay: April 2017