Great holiday, met some lovely people as did our children, the daytime entertainments team work tirelessly to keep guests busy and were brilliant (you could join in whenever you wanted). There are mixed nationalities here and the entertainments team, I felt, helped people to socialise together, which was novel - my husband became friendly with French and German men taking part in the activities which was unusual for him as he doesn't speak any languages.
The hotel and village complexes are quiet small in comparison to other places we have visited which makes it ideal for keeping tabs on our 15 year old - public areas were always clean.
Our Family Room in the hotel was slightly disappointing - it had two bedrooms and two bathrooms and although it was kept spotless just a tad basic, but hey it did the job. If you can afford I would book a pool room in the village - these looked lovely, we tried to upgrade when we got there but all rooms were occupied. The maid always left us a flower on the bed and sweets for the children.
The beach bar was lovely, really chilled and the people working were always friendly. The lady making lunchtime kebabs was great too!
Just a few niggles.........
Don't book with First Choice/Thomson's - shop around because others paid a lot less with All Inc included.
We decided to upgrade from the first day to All Inc and for 2 adults a 15 year old and 10 year it was nearly 130e per day. An extra 1600.00e for 2 weeks! Drinks were extortionate at 2.50e for a coke, 5e for lager and 6.50 for a bacardi and coke. Bearing in mind the £ is similar to the Euro I think Greece has tasked this hotel on it's own to recover their Government debt!! Such a rip off and the town centre was the same with two cocktails and two milkshakes costing 25.00e. Needless to say we spent a fortune - looking elsewhere for next year.
Reception staff would always start "I don't...." or "No" - that bugged me too - asked to swop our meal on HB the second week for lunch at 11.30 and was told too late. All she did the following day was hand write a ticket - come on!
When all inc the first week - we were served drinks at the entertainment in paper cups - not plastic or glass - this is lazy and only made the drinks blow over.
As for people wearing long trousers - there were some people in knee length shorts, quite a few in our second week.
The First Choice rep was useless - only wanted to sell his trips. I asked him about the teenage club and he hadn't got a clue, sent me back to reception, very poor. I asked him because all activities in the first week were up to 14 with older ones joining in with the adults. During the second week we suddenly had teenage activities and the teenagers were not allowed to join in with the adults - confusing policies add to the list!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impeccable resort on the Aegean Sea with elegant facilities and professional service is the ideal choice for those wanting to spend a luxurious holiday in Greece, either as a family or a couple. Its surroundings and landscape that can be seen from the rooms, terraces and swimming pools are spectacular. Furthermore, it is only a few miles from the center of the town of Agios Nikolaos, which has a lively nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach And Village
- Iberostar Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Hotel Mirabello Village
- Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos