We stayed here the last week of June 2013, travelling as a couple. We stayed in the hotel rather than the village. It was an absolutely perfect holiday - couldn't fault it!
The hotel overlooks Mirabello beach which is just gorgeous. There are 2 small coves and plenty of loungers on the beach (you do have to pay 5 Euros for a pair of sunloungers and a parasol per day, however on 2 days of the holiday, the inspector wasn't there when we were there, therefore we were not charged). The view is beautiful. It is a perfect spot to relax and get stuck into a book. The hotel also offers a variety of water sports if you would rather be active at the beach, but these take place outside the bay so do not obstruct the beautiful view/cause too much noise for people wanting to relax. We went on the jet ski and it was fab! Very safe and they outline the routes you can take etc.
There is a bus which stops outside the hotel which will take you to Elounda on one side (about 20 mins drive) and Agios Nikolaos town on the other side. Be careful because the bus is sometimes a small recognisable bus, and sometimes it is a coach (we missed it when it was a coach because we presumed it was an airport transfer coach, not a public bus haha). We took a taxi into Elounda which cost 13 Euros because we missed the bus. Lovely place well worth a visit. The walk into Ag. Nik. town is about 30 minutes in the heat. The town is beautiful though. Lots of touristy bars/restaurants/shops as you would expect but very pretty.
We went on the semi submarine trip (15 Euros from Ag. Nik. town). You spend some of the journey underneath the boat looking at the fish and sea turtles, and you can also go onto the deck and onto the top part of the boat too. Highly recommended.
Hotel was absolutely beautiful I could not fault it if I tried. We didn't pay extra for a bay view room yet had a gorgeous view from our room. The courtesy room we were given before travelling home had a bay view which was stunning of course, but the view from our room was still lovely so I wouldn't pay to upgrade the room.
Every single member of staff was lovely.
The hotel was spotless and the rooms were cleaned daily.
Food and drink
The dining areas were stunning. The outdoor area overlooks the beach and sea and you can sit here for all your meals if you wish. There is also an indoor area option for breakfast and tea time. Food is plentiful and even if you are a fussy eater you will always find something. The food is all delicious (especially the puddings). I took advantage of the feta cheese salads and the beautiful sweet fruit.
They have an A La Carte dining area which you can book to dine in once during your week long stay. This is an outdoor eating area separate to the other outdoor eating area but still beautiful. You can choose Mexican or Cretan food. We chose Mexican and the food was beautiful. There were about 6 courses!! It is free once during your stay for all inclusive guests, £12.50pp for half board guests and £25.00pp otherwise.
Do not worry about the food, even if you are a fussy eater you will find something.
At breakfast, they make smoothies in front of you in a blender which I thought was a lovely touch.
Drinks and cocktails are wonderful and all of the bar staff are helpful and friendly - they remember your orders within about an hour of being at the hotel!
We booked onto the Thomson/First Choice excursion to Spinalonga which was around £40pp booked in advance online (nearer to £50pp if you booked it with the rep at the hotel). If I had known there were so many excursions to Spinalonga from Elounda, I may not have booked the Thomson one however it did have its benefits because they collected you from the door of the hotel and drove to Elounda where we boarded a lovely big boat. We had a fully guided tour around the island by a wonderful tour guide named Maria, and then returned to the boat to visit another very small island off Crete which has the clearest water in Crete (cannot remember the name of the island). You could swim in the sea - the most beautiful clear water I have ever seen. Then we got back on the boat for some lunch (meat and salad) before returning to Elounda for an hour and then back to the hotel on the coach. Wonderful day. There are cheaper excursions to the island of Spinalonga (which is a MUST) although I don't know if they include a guided tour and they don't include a trip to this other beautiful island.
Perfect holiday which I could not fault.
* Take a trip to Spinalonga - it is very interesting and quite sad. Lots of history there. It also has breathtaking views.
* Lots of steps up and down to restaurants/eating areas/beach/pool etc.
* Take a trip to the olive farm just 2 mins up the road from the hotel (in the direction of Elounda) even if you don't like olives. The family who ran it were lovely and they made the most amazing marmalades and honeys. All homemade.
* Take a walk around the hotel grounds. It is very green, lots of beautiful plants and more gorgeous views. A little church at the top is very quaint and looks like it holds a lot of history.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impeccable resort on the Aegean Sea with elegant facilities and professional service is the ideal choice for those wanting to spend a luxurious holiday in Greece, either as a family or a couple. Its surroundings and landscape that can be seen from the rooms, terraces and swimming pools are spectacular. Furthermore, it is only a few miles from the center of the town of Agios Nikolaos, which has a lively nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach And Village
- Iberostar Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Hotel Mirabello Village
- Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos