We stayed in the Mirabello in 2012 and enjoyed our holiday so much that we decided to return this May, along with our 8 month old baby daughter. We were a little concerned after booking that the Iberostar chain had sold the hotel to a new company that we hadn't heard of, but were delighted with the improvement in the quality of the food on offer in the buffet restaurant. As a vegetarian, there were plenty of options to choose from.
Not much else had changed other than the grounds didn't appear to be as well maintained. Otherwise it was the same lovely hotel, beautiful views and well presented and maintained. The entertainment team had changed for the better, spending less time harassing you at the pool to join in activities. They were also nice to talk to and very friendly. However, it was clear that the new owners are in something of a transitional period which is to be expected. One of the great things about this hotel is that the vast majority of staff are extremely friendly and helpful, although we had a couple of staff problems which I will touch on later.
Our main problems with our visit this year were a noticeable change in the clientele. Last time out, the guests were mainly couples and families with children. Our first few days were great, the lovely pool and private beach areas were peaceful and relatively quiet.................
This was until one wedding party after another arrived. Now, I've got no problem with people enjoying themselves, I like a beer and a night out myself. However, this became the theme for the remainder of our holiday at The Mirabello and we were not alone in feeling disappointed at the behaviour of our fellow guests. The pool area quickly became a party zone for all inclusive louts, who had little respect for other guests. They spent pretty much the entire day getting as pi££ed as possible on the never ending supply of free booze at the pool bar. When attempting to find a quiet area, by lunchtime you were lucky if you weren't surrounded by groups of up to 30-40 lads and lasses who literally had no respect for anybody else. One group even decided to bring along their own music and play it right next to us. As a result, we decided to spent the remainder of our holiday at the beach or Spa pool which tended to be a little quieter.
Our problems didn't end there. After being at the hotel for about a week, we soon found that the entire top floor had been overtaken by another wedding party, who were intent on causing as much noise as possible. We were woken three nights running by these muppets, who spent from 12-5am running up and down corridors, shouting, swearing and banging on doors. After reporting this to reception and security, which did little to stop the problems, I decided to go to reception to demand something was done about this. In fairness to the night staff, they appeared tired of the constant complaints from other guests. They were very understanding and apologetic. In the morning my wife went to reception to see what could be done. We were spoken to in a less than understanding manner and told in no uncertain terms that we should expect this from a wedding party as they are here to enjoy themselves. My wife was upset about the way in which she was spoken to and shocked that we were expected to put up and shut up.
The following day after yet another sleepless night in which we managed about 3 hours sleep, we decided to return to reception. On this occasion, the member of reception staff apologised profusely and offered to move us to the village apartments.
In summary, this hotel is lovely, great views, good service and friendly staff. It's just a shame that some guests don't have enough respect to allow others to enjoy their holidays in peace...We won't be returning again.........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impeccable resort on the Aegean Sea with elegant facilities and professional service is the ideal choice for those wanting to spend a luxurious holiday in Greece, either as a family or a couple. Its surroundings and landscape that can be seen from the rooms, terraces and swimming pools are spectacular. Furthermore, it is only a few miles from the center of the town of Agios Nikolaos, which has a lively nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach And Village
- Iberostar Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Hotel Mirabello Village
- Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos