Well - I don't normally book package holidays however in May we decided that this year we would take a short break in August (oh my word - but it was our wedding anniversary!) It had to be a short(isn) flight as we wanted to take our son his wife and our granddaughter (8 months old). So somewhere we had not been before - Crete - yes that will do. Checking the internet - we found this hotel - all inclusive with 'First Choice' (never used then before). I have to say it was with some trepidation that I boarded the flight from Exeter - the run up to the trip had disturbed me a little - I normally have everything covered - API - seats on the aircraft - no - not this time - wasn't possible and I had to wait for check in to be allocated our positions.
Anyway - the hotel - first off the not so good - not a lot to say here - but -
There are two beaches - one 'shingle' the other sand - if you want to be on these then go early otherwise you won't 'bag' a bed! I went on the 'shingle' beach for about half an hour one day - my view is that it is awful - cramped - uncomfortable sun beds - and everyone seems to be a smoker - which is fine if you are a smoker - not so good if your not and have a small person with you - we decided it was not good at all and moved on! Other than that - well - not a lot at all in the bad or not so good area - so the rest of it!
Hotel is large and modern, well equipped rooms of a reasonable size and as you would expect 'air con' is in place. Large comfortable beds (some may find them hard but it was perfect for me). A fridge with daily soft drinks top up. Great view from the balcony of the sea.
Food and drink - all inclusive for us here and it was worth it - we were looked after very well by the friendly staff - and the food quality was pretty good! There was food available (it seemed) all day - so you will never be hungry at this place.
The pool - again great - lots of room and a swim up bar should you require refreshment!
Poolside sun beds are comfortable - be warned, get up early and get your spot - you can imagine the hotel was very full in August - so - be warned!
Everyone was great to us from the manager (Maria) to Nikolias the restaurant manager - to the bar staff -
So - in short - this place is great - I can only say well done to the staff and thanks for a great week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impeccable resort on the Aegean Sea with elegant facilities and professional service is the ideal choice for those wanting to spend a luxurious holiday in Greece, either as a family or a couple. Its surroundings and landscape that can be seen from the rooms, terraces and swimming pools are spectacular. Furthermore, it is only a few miles from the center of the town of Agios Nikolaos, which has a lively nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Ebookers so you can book your Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Mirabello Beach And Village
- Iberostar Agios Nikolaos
- Iberostar Hotel Mirabello Village
- Mirabello Beach & Village Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos