Stayed here for 5 nights at the end of our holiday.
- excellent location, 5/10 mins and you are in the centre of Ag Nik. If you don't want to walk that far for food there are plenty of restaurants in the immediate area.
- good spacious bedroom with lots of storage and a safe.
- If you get a room with a balcony you have a nice view of Kritoplatia beach and the coastline.
- The standards of cleanliness left a lot to be desired. When we unpacked we tried to put some clothes on the shelf at the bottom of the nightstand, big mistake as they ended up covered in dust. The lights in the room had cobwebs around them and the floor was filthy. We had noticed the dirt and dust in the corners of the room but after spilling some water on the floor we mopped it up with a white towel, when we had finished the towel was no longer white but black and filthy.
- The bathroom really needed updating so that the fixtures and fitting were of the same standard as the bedroom. The shower head in our bathroom no longer attached to the wall, an attempt to fix it with masking tape had been made but it wasn't successful. The bathroom itself was TINY and the space hadn't been used very well.
- There is no AC on the ground floor of the hotel where the reception, breakfast room and lounge is so it gets very very hot in summer. This wouldn't usually be a major problem but the milk that is being served for breakfast isn't kept cold, the result being that you have hot milk on your cereal. After this we didn't bother getting up for breakfast again!
- There wasn't always somebody on reception, certain receptionists preferred to spend their time sat outside in the cafe instead of at the desk. For us this wasn't a problem as we didn't need to speak to anybody but other guests had left their keys at reception so they didn't lose them. These keys were just left on the top of the desk for anybody to pick up, as they had the room number also written on this wasn't very good security wise.
All in all its a real shame that the negatives outweigh the positives, this could be a really nice hotel in a pleasant and quiet part of Ag Nik.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Sgouros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sgouros Hotel Agios Nikolaos
- Sgouros Hotel Crete/Agios Nikolaos