“Friendly staff and nice view”
Review of Pergola Hotel

and 1 more site!
Pergola Hotel
Ranked #37 of 95 Hotels in Agios Nikolaos
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My friend and I spent a week at this hotel. We had a bedroom with two queen beds and it had a burner, microwave and dishes, so we were able to make breakfast every morning. Could have cook other meals too but there are way too many delicious restaurants around to try :) everyone knows where this hotel is, so when you get into town just ask and they will let you know. It is really close to the marina and there are hundreds of restaurants around there within walking Distance. The owner of the hotel helped as get a car rental deal! We got an amazing price and were able to park in front of the hotel everts time we came back for the day. They also offer breakfast but like I said we made our own. I was traveling in Europe for a month and it was wonderful that this hotel has a washer in the roof so I was able to clean all my clothes before I left for turkey. I loved the hotel, we had an incredible view and the beach was only 5 min walk. Even tho the beaches are nit the most beautiful ones you can drive to nice ones.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 August 2011

TRICKY OWNERS! I booked a studio, and on arrival we were put to the twin room without saying a word about this change, and about the fact that twin room is much CHEAPER! Fortunately I didn't pay on arrival! When I realized that it's not the room I've booked, I went down and spoke with the owner. The answer that I had was that the studios are full. How it could happen, if I booked the studio through booking.com????? It was possible to change the room next day. But when we saw the "studio" we decided to stay in our room, as is was the same size, but with the sea view and cheaper price! If you book "studio" - you have to know, that it's realy small!!!

Room (twin room sea view):

Good points: nice sea view, room quite small but lookes nice (at the first glance). Free parking is nearby (in the port).

Bad points:
a) bathroom is old and TINY, it's very annoying,
b) in the room one of the lamps didn't work, another had a bunch of wires on it, in the common area chairs' covers were dirty. These are small details, but they really influence the overal impression!
c) noisy - the accoustics is so good, that when cleaning lady does her work in the morning you can gear her opening and closing all the doors! I had very bad sleep all the nights.

I wouldn't return to this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I was greeted with smiles and friendly service. My room on the third floor had walk out balcony and a beautiful sea view. Room was very clean, bed comfortable, hotel and street quiet. Local oranges, yogurt and honey elevated the flavours of breakfast. The best orange juice I have ever tasted. I stayed 4 nights and would recommend this hotel. A friendly, clean, great value, family operated hotel with kind, and helpful service. close to beach, resturants and shopping. Thank you Yanni and family for the wonderful holiday in Agios Nikolaos. It is my desire to return to this hotel for 7 nights next year.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank HappyGardener_11
Reviewed 15 September 2010

This lovely little pension is the antithesis to a big soulless resort hotel. It is extremely close to all the main action of the town centre if we walked in one direction, and the town beach 200m in the other direction. Being set back from the main-road, however, meant that no noise from traffic or bars was audible. We had a sea-view from our balcony, just as you can see here in the picture. The room was clean and simply furnished, and the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was simple but tasty, and taking it out on the hotel's small terrace proved a relaxing start to the day. The town itself was perfect for us; a bustling harbour, various beaches to explore, a fascinating archeological museum, excellent transport links to other parts of the island by bus (we did not hire a car but still managed to go all over the place), fabulous views from the beaches to the hills, and varied bars and restaurants (ranging from the trendier to the traditional). My pre-trip concerns that the town would seem too busy and "resorty" were luckily unnecessary, and although the place clearly caters for tourists, it does not seem to attract the 18-30 holiday crowd. Also, the diverse mix of nationalities (including lots of Greek holiday-makers) meant that we were not surrounded by the people we see and hear at home every day - which we liked. If we were the kind of people that went back to the same place repeatedly, we would return here and to this hotel - but we're not, as we like new adventures. We would recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 81Ruth81
Reviewed 17 August 2010

clean room, nice view, extremely nice bed..ideal for young couples...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank salt-de
Reviewed 27 June 2010

quiet location but minutes from shops and entertainment. owners and staff so helpful and friendly cant do enough for you. sampled breakfast which was good but continental. have been to agios six times to different accomodation but would definately return here

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank makeminespain
Reviewed 4 April 2010

stayed here for 4weeks over jan and feb bit of a hike from main rd plenty steps but worth it glorious view from balcony wasnt to busy that time of year very handy for shops 10min walk if that into centre of agios yanni the owner very kind person and helpful enjoyed my stay would recommend

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo