“best price and comfortable”
Review of Pergola Hotel

and 1 more site!
Pergola Hotel
Ranked #39 of 95 Hotels in Agios Nikolaos
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Me and my son arrived here the 25th september late on and the room i was given had no balcony but it was late and i went to bed but the next morning i asked to be moved as i couldnt sit anywhere while my son was sleeping"! the owner moved us straight away to a bigger room! We had a massive fridge, good cooker etc and lovey wee space outside with a sea view! My 2 yr old son fell in love with Georgia and he and i liked yanni and the rest! They are nice people and we had a lovely time in here! All in we stayed 15days and i must say the beds where pretty comfortable! and rooms are cleaned EVERYDAY!

Location is good if you dont have walking problems due to stairs but the hotel is right beside the harbour so when theres cruise ships in you have a birdseye view!

Room Tip: Ask for 1 with a balcony i didnt pay extra for sea view but i had 1 all the same!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank tesscam

Reviewed 13 October 2012

We are couple. We were the 9th time in Crete. Usually we stay in the west part of Crete,but now we visited in east part too.We lived in hotel Pergola,Agios Nikolaos. Hotel is very nice old house.
And the staff is so friendly as a man can be. Young lady in reception is like a candy,and very professional and helpful.Yiannis ,the man of the hotel,is helpful and very professional,and gentle,serving even breakfast some mornings.The room ,we stayed, was tiny,but the view is marvellous,excpesially in the mornings.Bathroom was normal,tiny but practical.
We came to the hotel one day before the booking day,and everything came organiced well,thanks to the young lady in reception(candy).Next time we don't even look other properties.

Room Tip: Upper rooms very nice view.Sunbeds free on the roof.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We were four people and we arrived very late in the night one week ago. There were only two rooms available and we decided to stay although rooms have not a sea view and were rather small. The day after the ower freely changed rooms (we didn't ask nothing) in two nice sea view rooms!!!! Of course, we decided to extend our stay. Breakfast very rich and served on an sea view terrace. At the departure we left the hotel with a gift from the landlord: a sweets box. What more could you want?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We made a reservation to this hotel. 1 day prior to our arrival I called the owner (Yanis) and confirmed our arrival. When we arrived the following day as agreed around noon, he informed us that he doesn't have any vacancies. He tried to make arrange a room for us in another hotel which was horrible. We had to spend 4 hours to search for a suitable room., Stay away from this property !!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Amirflg
Reviewed 24 August 2012

My friend and I spent a week at this hotel. We had a bedroom with two queen beds and it had a burner, microwave and dishes, so we were able to make breakfast every morning. Could have cook other meals too but there are way too many delicious restaurants around to try :) everyone knows where this hotel is, so when you get into town just ask and they will let you know. It is really close to the marina and there are hundreds of restaurants around there within walking Distance. The owner of the hotel helped as get a car rental deal! We got an amazing price and were able to park in front of the hotel everts time we came back for the day. They also offer breakfast but like I said we made our own. I was traveling in Europe for a month and it was wonderful that this hotel has a washer in the roof so I was able to clean all my clothes before I left for turkey. I loved the hotel, we had an incredible view and the beach was only 5 min walk. Even tho the beaches are nit the most beautiful ones you can drive to nice ones.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2011

TRICKY OWNERS! I booked a studio, and on arrival we were put to the twin room without saying a word about this change, and about the fact that twin room is much CHEAPER! Fortunately I didn't pay on arrival! When I realized that it's not the room I've booked, I went down and spoke with the owner. The answer that I had was that the studios are full. How it could happen, if I booked the studio through booking.com????? It was possible to change the room next day. But when we saw the "studio" we decided to stay in our room, as is was the same size, but with the sea view and cheaper price! If you book "studio" - you have to know, that it's realy small!!!

Room (twin room sea view):

Good points: nice sea view, room quite small but lookes nice (at the first glance). Free parking is nearby (in the port).

Bad points:
a) bathroom is old and TINY, it's very annoying,
b) in the room one of the lamps didn't work, another had a bunch of wires on it, in the common area chairs' covers were dirty. These are small details, but they really influence the overal impression!
c) noisy - the accoustics is so good, that when cleaning lady does her work in the morning you can gear her opening and closing all the doors! I had very bad sleep all the nights.

I wouldn't return to this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I was greeted with smiles and friendly service. My room on the third floor had walk out balcony and a beautiful sea view. Room was very clean, bed comfortable, hotel and street quiet. Local oranges, yogurt and honey elevated the flavours of breakfast. The best orange juice I have ever tasted. I stayed 4 nights and would recommend this hotel. A friendly, clean, great value, family operated hotel with kind, and helpful service. close to beach, resturants and shopping. Thank you Yanni and family for the wonderful holiday in Agios Nikolaos. It is my desire to return to this hotel for 7 nights next year.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo