“a nice taverna in a sidestreet. for me the most beautiful lane in the old harbour famous”
Review of Paradosiako

Paradosiako
Ranked #382 of 446 Restaurants in Chania Town
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2014

famous for their fishplates. you have to be really hungry to cope with it. the fish is only fresh. always packed during high season. ou can sit outside and there is always a very nice breese on very hot days. the water is funny, frienldly and speedy

1  Thank Ingrid H

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I'm staying a month in an apartment off Theotokopoulou St., so Paradosiako is just a few meters away. I have enjoyed my times there in my first week in Chania very much. The manager, George, and his brother, George, do a fine job. I found the moussaka on the first night exquisite and have found salads and vegetables very good. It's also so, so pleasurable to sit quietly outside the restaurant on Theotokopoulou. Of course, I am here in late Feb-Mar., so the summer tourist season hasn't begun. I plan to visit the two Georges more as my stay continues because it's a very nice place.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were on our first night in Hania looking for a restaurant that was more for locals than Tourists, as this one was a little ouf of the way, and the diners who were there (one couple) seemed to have a nice dish outside it looked appealing. We were talked into a table, but things went rapidly down hil from there. We ordered drinks a cocktail and wine. The wine my wife had was almost like vinegar it was so awful, and my cocktail wasn't much better. We hoped things would improve with the food, they didn't. Our started of grilled cheese was extremely meagre, the Taziki was fine, but both our main courses were dissapointed. I ordered a lamb stew of some kind which was suppose to come with vegatables (chips and herbs qualifies apparently) and my wife ordered lamb chops, the same dish she had ordered in Hirarikalon, but this dish could not have been more oppositte in quality. It was dry with no flavour and the meat was old, my stew the name of which escapes me wasn't much better, it felt heated up and mainly consisted of fat and bones with a bit of meat putting in an appearance here and there. We have eaten and alot of places now in both Crete and other Greek islands, of all price ranges and types, but this venue was by far the worst. What restaurant doesn't ask you how your food is after it has arrived? This one, despite the multi-lingual host making such a big song and dance about how the food is, well if your going to do that with me then you had better back it up. They also don't take credit cards here (Not surprised) meaning I had to run off to a cash machine. At one point I went to the god awful single cubicle sliding door toilet, woefully inadequate for any restaurant, even a small one. I also had a glimpse in the kitchen at the same time, it was a pretty accurate representation of my friends kids bedroom in terms of cleaniness, style and content. We won't be eating here again, ever.

2  Thank Island H
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Beautiful restaurant (in a central location but not in busy quarters),fantastic home-made-quality food, made with the best fresh local ingredients, helpful and friendly staff who love to give customers the best treat.....Greek food can not get better than this......and my advice? Just ask the guys at the restaurant what is best to eat and the rest with be taken care of.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

My friend and I wanted a small light lunch. They didn't show us the menu but the waiter suggested we split a fish platter for one between the two of us with a greek salad to start and a small carafe of rose wine. The starter was ok although we ordered some extra houmous and a large plate of rather tasteless houmous arrived. The fish platter was huge. It would have suited 4 people not a light lunch for 2.The octopus and the prawns were tough and overcooked and we d only ate the red mullet and whitebait. We left the fish kebabs, prawns, octopus and calamari. When we complained about the size of the food he shrugged it off saying that we had obvioulsly never eaten in Crete before as portion sizes were always big. This was absolute rubbish as we had had lots of meals out before. To top it all the toilet had no seat and was unisex. Urine all over the floor. Worst toilets we had ever come accross. The bill when it arrived was 46 euros. We were astounded. This was by far the most we had ever paid for a meal in Crete ( let alone a light lunch). Avoid this place at all costs.

4  Thank JuliaMeopham_Kent