“Excellent Hotel & Staff”

Fatma Hanoum Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 114 Chania Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2013

The hotel is very nicely located in the old quarters very close to the harbour. Rooms are chic modern and very tastefully done (they even have an ipod dock!! :)) ) We did not get a chance to try out the breakfast as we left for early morning tours on all the 3 days, however were provided with a small breakfast in our room each day- Thank you Martha!! The manager Marianna was extremely welcoming and kept in touch before our arrival to arrange for transfers and attend to our queries.

I would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel if one is in Chania

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Lovely rooms with appointed outside space. A very personal welcome was offered with information and advice. Very nice breakfast was provided. Would gladly go back. Located on a quieter street within the busy pedestrian old town (parking not too far provided).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2013

At the end of a two week trip to Greece, I had a weekend in Chanía and wanted somewhere nice to stay. By chance I found Fatma Hanoum, and how lucky I was! Many places market themselves as a "botique hotel" but few manage to live up to the label as this place does. A small selection of beautiful rooms, well appointed with superbly comfortable beds, ipod dock, wifi, complimentary sikoudia, etc; a delicious Greek breakfast buffet (fantastic sfakia pita and honey - and really delicious strong coffee!); a charming sun terrace on the roof; and smiling, polite, multilingual staff who do everything they can to make your stay perfect. It was like being welcomed as a VIP. I will go back here on every stay to Chanía.

Room Tip: Guzel is the only room with a bath - and it is a wonderful deep bath. Easily big enough for two - or...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Room was beautifully designed, bed wonderfully comfortable, facilities excellent, a complete pleasure to be in. Breakfast was a rare treat with great food in lovely surroundings. Position of the hotel was perfect. Right in the heart of the old town so a few metres from the harbour, the shops and restaurants but an oasis of peace and comfort as soon as you stepped back inside the hotel. However, the best part of it all was the staff. Very friendly and helpful hardly describes it. They were a real pleasure to be with and, despite the undoubted wonders of Chania, we would find ourselves looking forward to returning to the Fatma Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Had a brief stay recently... but the personalized attention from Marianna made sure we had a wonderful experience at Chania. Right from reminding us about taking the beach towels for our trip to Elafonisi to getting our breakfast ready early in the morning for the trip, Marianna made sure we made the most of our 2 days in Chania.
I must also mention the ever-helpful Martha who even remembered to offer the Davidoffs as a farewell gift... how can a smoker not mention this.
Fatma is a quaint little place just about a minutes walk from the harbour-front. The rooms are done up tastefully with every modern amenity - I must also mention the iPod dock (my son was delighted to be able to play his music aloud).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I stayed at Fatma Hanoum during our honeymoon trip to Greece. We spent time in Athens as well as Crete, Santorini, and Mykonos, and our stay at Fatma Hanoum in Chania was our favorite part of the trip. The newly remodeled hotel is beautiful and charming. The design is modern yet distinctly Cretan with playful design details. For example, the rooms are labeled with girls' names instead of numbers, and tasteful neon lights illuminate ornate wall patterns in the halls. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable with great beds and bathroom accommodations.

We also enjoyed the breakfast--it's generous and has a variety of foods.

The staff was very friendly and genuinely wanted to make our stay spectacular, like good friends welcoming us in their home. Thank you Fatma Hanoum!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mafsa
Reviewed 4 June 2013

It is absolutely gorgeous wonderful hotel in the heart of Chania.
I can say thousands nice words about this place.
It is in a great location.
My room was beautiful, had charming balcony & super comfortable bed.
Breakfast was fantastic! Service was great!!!
True amazing gem in the historical part of city.
A huge number of restaurants and shops are around the corner & harbour is just 10 steps away. It is also very close to the Venetian Port, Archaeological Museum (must see), Cathedral and gorgeous Lighthouse.
Two great girls at the reception were very helpful. They gave me all info I need about places to see, to eat, to rest, to have fun. They also helped me with renting a car, got me a nice taxi driver, who on the way to airport showed more places around the city (& took pictures for me) at no additional cost.
They made my stay wonderful in every way! Thank you very much!
If I go back to Chania, I would stay there!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends