“Will not be disappointed”

Fatma Hanoum Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 92 Chania Town B&B and Inns
Finikaria, Cyprus
“Will not be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was my first trip to Crete and living in Cyprus I was not sure it would be to different from where I live but I was so wrong !! The town ,people and food surprised me and fullfilled all my expectations .The hotel was more than helpful arranging my transfer , with emails promptly sent and answered so our stay from beginning to end went smoothly .The staff was nice and discrete , the rooms beautifully decorated with style mixing old Cretan architecture with modern design .The breakfast was very tasty and service very personal . I would highly recommend this place to all my friends thank you Marianne

Room Tip: All 6 room lovely but the ones with balcony are special
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We greatly enjoyed our stay at Fatma. Very hip hotel, lovely thoughtful touches. The bath products were wonderful (Olivia brand)--I loved them so much, I went looking for some to buy to take home as gifts. The rooms had all the modern conveniences, and was conveniently located in the old town. We only had two issues--1) finding the hotel--be aware that you cannot drive down the street--you must park your car and walk. I recommend parking as close as possible to the old town and then going to find the hotel. The owner has helpers who can help with your luggage and has an arrangement with a local parking garage. She also arranged for help when we left (very early in the morning!), as there is no elevator. 2) The A/C did not seem to be working while we were there, but the owner was very responsive and had a workman there the next morning to look at it. It was extremely hot out, so it was hard to tell how much of the issue was just due to the weather, or the fact that heat rises (we were on the top floor). I would stay at Fatma again, however, perhaps would request a room on a lower floor.

Room Tip: Perhaps request a room on a lower floor if the lack of elevator is a problem for you, or if you like...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Staying at this boutique hotel in a quite little street of the old town was so nice we didn't want to leave. I couldn't find the tiniest detail that was not carefully thought about. The rooms, the decoration, the interion and exterion lighting, the lightly scented bathroom towels, the amazing cocomat matress and bed covers...
The staff is excellent, warm and friendly but impecably professional. Although it seems a bit pricey it is really great value for money for all it has to offer. Would love to stay there again, definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: We stayed at the spacious pink superior double. Definitely worths it, since it features a walk-in cl...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I really enjoyed my staying in Fatma Hanoum! I experienced a very warm, professional, polite welcome. The hotel is brand new, decorated with great taste and very very clean. The best part of my staying there was the COCO-MAT matress & pillows :) The hotel is located very close to the old port of Chania(2 minutes on foot) from where you have fast access to restaurants, cafes, shops and of course to the beautiful old port of Chania.
Definately value for money! Strongly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Joy G
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I discovered this hotel from the COCO-MAT website as I give priority to a good night's sleep and these premium beds are a guarantee. However, this hotel offers excellence in every other aspect as well. Beautifully decorated and equipped. Cheerful colors, lighting design and a fantastic bathroom. All the amenities, everything in mint condition and super clean. I couldn't find a single negative point. I guess the very polite and helpful owners would never let that happen. First time I ever give full marks to a hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Larisa, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

This is an amazing boutique hotel, in the center of Chania, with extremely kind and helpful staff!!!! The room was so beautiful and organised in every aspect!!!! The breakfast has even fresh orange juice!!!!! I would definitely recommend it!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights during October this year. We absolutely loved it - our room was gorgeous and had all the little extras you would hope for in a boutique hotel, there was a lovely roof terrace and our own balcony, plus we were only moments from the beautiful harbour and a hundred lovely restaurants. Despite this, it was also lovely and quiet in its charming side street. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful, but best of all, the staff were incredibly friendly and kind - it really made our stay. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and really recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple