We had a week here in April. The hotel is centrally situated with lovely views over the harbour. The staff were knowledgeable, efficient and pleasant. The room was clean, rather small, but with wonderful views over the harbour. The mini bar provided free bottled water every day. Breakfast was a real pleasure: lots of choice and good quality food. Rationing one's intake of goo things became a priority. The stay was worth it just to see the orange juicing machine in action.
We had hired a car, but parking was problematic at times. The hotel does have a tiny private car park for 8 or 9 cars but there are larger public car parks nearby. The staff on reception gave us directions for going to various places and they pointed us in the direction of the nearest baker's and so on.
We thoroughly recommend this lovely hotel. Our only criticisms would be that it was a little noisy at night (even on the third floor) and that the hot water for tea at breakfast was rarely hot enough for a good pot of tea. But these are minor quibbles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Porto Veneziano Hotel is located in Chania, in the prime location of the Old Venetian Harbor, on the seafront and only a 10-minute walk from the city center. It is an ideal place to stay, with the most popular attractions within walking distance. Completing the room renovation in April 2013, the hotel now offers a minimal navy design, excellent quality beds with double mattresses and geothermal air conditioning system, friendly to the environment. The hotel has been certified to serve a full Greek Breakfast buffet with a Cretan note and attempts to provide a journey to the island's flavors and tastes. Enjoy daily our freshly squeezed orange juice, local produce, homemade dishes, traditional cookery, seasonal fruit, freshly made desserts etc. At the Bar, after strolling through the beautiful harbor, guests will enjoy all kinds of coffee and Cretan flavorsome concoctions, snacks, sweets, ice cream, drinks and an assortment of Greek and European ice cold beer. The hotel even offers free Wi-Fi and all rooms and interior public areas are strictly nonsmoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Porto Veneziano Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Veneziano Hotel Chania Town
- Porto Veneziano Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Chania
- Porto Veneziano Chania
- Porto Veneziano Hotel Crete/Chania