The Porto Veneziano is indeed an excellent hotel in this part of the Old Venetian Harbour in Chania. From the minute I checked-in with my sons we were treated with very excellent service from the hotel staff. The triple room given to us was very spacious and it had a balcony looking out into the bay nearby. Sitting outside the room in the balcony in the afternoon was very pleasant with the cool breeze and sun shining all day. I was there at the end of May 2014 for five nites attending a conference nearby. The excellent spread of food during breakfast is beyond description and you really have to try the freshly squeezed orange juice.
The one thing that I enjoyed the most during my stay was to wake up early in the morning and take a walk along the old harbour front towards the Old Lighthouse. The minute I stepped out of the hotel door, it was like walking into a painting as the morning calm was not yet broken by the usual daytime crowd in the old harbour front of Chania.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to visitors looking for a great location with excellent service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Porto Veneziano Hotel is located in Chania, in the prime location of the Old Venetian Harbor, on the seafront and only a 10-minute walk from the city center. It is an ideal place to stay, with the most popular attractions within walking distance. Completing the room renovation in April 2013, the hotel now offers a minimal navy design, excellent quality beds with double mattresses and geothermal air conditioning system, friendly to the environment. The hotel has been certified to serve a full Greek Breakfast buffet with a Cretan note and attempts to provide a journey to the island's flavors and tastes. Enjoy daily our freshly squeezed orange juice, local produce, homemade dishes, traditional cookery, seasonal fruit, freshly made desserts etc. At the Bar, after strolling through the beautiful harbor, guests will enjoy all kinds of coffee and Cretan flavorsome concoctions, snacks, sweets, ice cream, drinks and an assortment of Greek and European ice cold beer. The hotel even offers free Wi-Fi and all rooms and interior public areas are strictly nonsmoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Porto Veneziano Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Veneziano Hotel Chania Town
- Porto Veneziano Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Chania
- Porto Veneziano Chania
- Porto Veneziano Hotel Crete/Chania