“Excellent!”

Porto Veneziano Hotel
Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Chania Town
Reviewed 21 July 2014

No need to repeat what the other travelers already wrote. The hotel is an excellent choice for those looking for a relaxing vacation with no unpleasant surprises . We spent our honeymoon at this hotel and we were delighted with our choice.
Congratulation to the management and to the entire staff for doing a very good job!

Room Tip: Get a sea view room if you can :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,357)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel was wonderful. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were clean and nice. Breakfast was great. It has a wonderful location and view. There are several nearby restaurants that have great food.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is right on the harbour.
Very friendly staff.
AMAZING breakfast ( fresh orange juice machine)
Very clean and modern.
AMAZING views from my balcony over looking the harbour and the light house.

Room Tip: Ask for Front Balcony Room on the 3rd floor, Amazing sunset views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Allan C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel has so much going for it, and it goes the extra mile. Light, airy, immaculately clean rooms, nice breakfast with fresh orange juice, very polite and friendly service. This was the only hotel I stayed in on my Greek holiday that actually had not only adequate plugs but one fitted with a North American style. This enabled me to charge more than one electronic device at a time, which was a great and unusual blessing. The location is wonderful - away from the noise of the main harbour area but still with some good restaurants and a little beach nearby. I was lucky enough to have a balcony overlooking the harbour: blissful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BC_Debbie
Reviewed 12 July 2014

there's no point in raving about how good the hotel is- there are hundreds of reviews that tell you that and it all correct.
The true test in service is when you arrive after 48hours of airline travel to be told "your conference agent changed the check in date to tomorrow and we are fully booked tonight!.... and the owners of the hotel fixed the problem, that is great service.

I was ready to blow my top when they told me the news but they calmed us down, rang around and found a room in another hotel nearby at the same rate, paid for our cab transfers back and forward and took responsibility for payment making it hassle free. They admitted they should have reconfirmed with us and that showed they take service seriously.

Well done Porto Veneziano.

Room Tip: seaview rooms have a nice balcony to enjoy an late afternoon beer with a view
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I spent two weeks at the Porto Veneziano in June 2014. It was a memorable stay, primarily because of the fantastic customer service. Whether you are checking in late, early in the morning, or in the afternoon, the front desk service is exceptional. My room was very nice. Decorated very tastefully and simply, the space, while a little small, is used efficiently to where the small size makes little difference. Two complimentary water bottles are placed in the refrigerator daily by the cleaning staff. The cleaning staff does a very thorough job each day and works around your schedule. I was there on business so I ate breakfast before breakfast hours each day (which wasn't a problem), and I was in my room at unusual times. The hotel staff worked around my schedule without incident. I did not have a harbor view, but my courtyard room and balcony were very night. I don't think the location can be beat. While not in the most busy part of the harbor, I would say that works in its favor. It's not nearly as loud as I'd imagine other hotels that in the middle of the busiest parts. I slept soundly and never had problems with noise. One small issue was that it was a little warm a few nights, and it seemed like the hotel-controlled air conditioner could have been used a bit more. All in all, I will recommend all of my future visitors that cannot fit in my apartment to stay at the Porto Veneziano.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights with my husband and four of our friends and had the best experience. Maria, at the front desk, warmly welcomed us to the hotel before check in time and generously invited us to have a drink at the bar on the house until our rooms were ready. We enjoyed our first views of the beautiful harbor over delicious iced coffees. In addition to a great bar with outside seating, there is an adorable sunny garden in the back with bistro tables. The rooms were beautifully appointed, the wifi worked very well, and the breakfast was delicious! It was nice that we had the option of taking our breakfast in our rooms, on our private balconies, or in the dining area. The town of Chania is an absolute dream, and this hotel is perfectly located on the harbor and near many great restaurants, the lighthouse, a beautiful beach, and the bus stop. We didn't need a car to explore Chania but did rent one to travel to nearby Elafonisi Beach. It was stunning - by far the most beautiful beach I've ever laid eyes on - but do beware, the roads to the beach are scary and much of the drive is cliffside. I wish we had more than two days to stay, but that is my only regret! If you're looking for a piece of paradise in Crete, do yourself a favor and choose Porto Veneziano! It was one of my very favorite stops on a 10 day adventure in Greece!