“Then heaven in Heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paris, France
“Then heaven in Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Yassas,
I would like to write a small, simply but percussive review about the most beautiful and warmly hotel of Crete. Indeed I went this summer in many hotel in Crete. I went to St Nicolas Bay in Agios Nikolaos, Blue palace in Elounda, Palazio Rimondi in Rethymnon... and in Santorini I went to Perivolas hotel where I had been like the king Minos in front of the sea after a wining battle... but I had never been so happy in all my trips than in CASA DELFINO in Xania (Chania).
I returned this winter because I thought it was a dream and I wanted to verifiy.
Yes, for me, this is one of the most serene and beautiful boutique hotel of the Crete.
- the architecture is beautiful
- rooms are perfect and also varied - I changed of rooms often and it was like if I change of hotel... Ornamentation is very beautiful (sorry but I have no other words to describe this jewelry. Like me you will probably implore the tenant to give you the adress of her supplier.
- staff is just better than in all the hotel I saw in my life (and my father was a director of luxury hotel in France - Evian, Nice, Paris, etc. - I know what does it mean. Indeed for me the quality of the staff is that they are so rigorous, pragmatic, accurate but... also human what is very rare when you hold these qualifications.
- Breakfast is a real breakfast (and as a Parisian I am very exigent) but without frills.
- The SPA is so relaxing and upper class...

If I had a dream to become true... It would be CASA DELFINO

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Arnaki M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Casa Delfino is such a gem!!! My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for our honeymoon. We were up graded for free to the honeymoon suite! The location is amazing. perfect walking distance to the harbor, restaurants, shops, and nightlife. The staff was amazing and helped us with everything we needed and more. Breakfast was delicious and the hotel bar was such a great way to start our evening.

The rooms are very good size and you feel like you are in your own suite rather than a normal hotel room. The hotel itself is so pretty and the lobby area is a nice place to sit and enjoy a nice glass of wine.

My husband and I traveled to Crete during their low season but you wouldn't know that from the Casa Delfino. They were still so attentive and accommodating. I highly highly recommend staying at the Casa Delfino!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank daynabrooke
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

We were at Casa Delfino in October 2011. The hotel is everything good that has been written here. We had the Presidential Suite and had a great rooftop deck with a great view of the town and harbor area. We'd definitely stay again if in Chania. The staff was great. No complaints about anything. Great stay. Great staff. Great location.

Room Tip: All rooms are slightly different so budget probably will drive room choice.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Last year, we celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to the Greek Islands and, by far, the jewel of this special trip was our stay at Casa Delfino. From the moment we arrived - and throughout our stay - we were treated like part of the family - not just guests at a Hotel.

The hotel itself is really more like an Inn or elaborate bed and breakfast than a Hotel with a special and charming atmosphere and it is located right in the heart of Chania's beautiful pier area. You cannot beat the location. Our room was well decorated, comfortable, and VERY clean and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. This place has been owned by the same family for many years and they take special pride in treating their guests in a very special way. Make sure you ask for Margarita, the Front of the House Manager. She will do everything possible to make your stay as wonderful as possible.

When we next visit Crete - hopefully before another 40 years pass - we will stay at Casa Delfino.

John and Ann Klenakis
Springfield, Massachusetts

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank John K
Baltimore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

Was here in 1997 but sounds like things are still quite good from a traveler experience perspective. The proprietor at the time met us at the bar upon check in and shared a bottle of wine with us and was gracious in telling us about the history of the hotel and some of the things to do in the area. Our room was amazing and very central to the harbor of Chania which is beautiful as you can hike out to the seawall and look back to see the snow-capped White Mountains in the distance if you are there in the right season. Definitely rent a car and drive south to the Elefenisi Islands (sp)...so secluded and not too crowded when we were there in September..

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

Everything at this hotel was absolutely excellent. My room was outstanding, the service was extremely professional and the staff went out of their way to make my stay in Chania easy, relaxing, and enjoyable. They were full of very helpful information about touring, shopping, and restaurants for good, authentic Cretan food. My room and the hotel are very clean and well kept. The location is great. Within easy walking distance of all the sites and shopping of Chania. This was a little bit of luxury for myself and it was well worth the visit!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank CJReisen
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Delightful stay in this beautifully restored but ancient building in a car-free, elevated part of Chania. Warm, friendly welcome from Margarita (the owner) and all the staff. Very helpful advice always available on where to go, where to eat and so on.
Taxi from/to Chania airport, hire cars all looked after seamlessly.
If we are ever blessed with the chance we shall go back again.
Richard and Angela Woods

4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,124 reviews
Casa Veneta
Casa Veneta
#3 of 111 in Chania Town

Been to Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!