This hotel is one block off of the touristy harbor and a world away. We arrived late after having trouble with our rental car running out of gas, but the staff was welcoming and calm. It was our honeymoon and they had wine, a huge bowl of fruit and a bouquet of flowers waiting in our room. We had to park farther away than we thought and they offered to move our car.
The next day, the breakfast in the courtyard was delicious and fresh. I am still thinking about their Greek version of brushetta on the whole wheat bread.
Later that afternoon, we finally enjoyed the wine in the courtyard and Yannis (hopefully) and other staff were very friendly offering advice about things to do on Crete. We were going to Samaria Gorge to hike down and back (when most just hike down) and they offered their advice and concern. They wanted to be sure we made it back from the Gorge before it got dark.
The rooms are unique with large beds. The bathrooms are typical of those in Greece, but by the end of our trip we were used to the shower stalls with the hose.
Yannis also recommeded Portis to us- a restaurant just a short walk away- which we frequented twice. They were the best and most inexpensive meals of our honeymoon.
I would definitely visit Crete again and stay at Casa Delfino.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Delfino is a 17th-century Venetian palazzo that has remained in the same family for centuries. With just 24 rooms and suites, decorated with a mix of bespoke furniture and antiques, Casa Delfino is both intimate and exclusive. A pebbled courtyard of hand laid mosaics is a romantic oasis where guests can read, relax, or simply soak up the serene ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Delfino Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Delfino Hotel And Spa
- Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa Crete/Chania