We just got back from our honeymoon in the greek isles (milos, oia, mykonos, xania, athens). Casa delfino was by far the best place we stayed.
We arrived as this magnificent villa in the historical center of xania (or chania). We were greeted by Margarita, the daughter of the owner. This villa has been in the family for 6 generation. We mentioned in our reservation that we were on our honeymoon, and the kindly upgraded our reservation from the suite to there penthouse 2 floor unit with a glorious balcony that overlooked the historic port of chania. It was an amazing view (see uploaded pictures). They also had a beautiful bouquet of flowers on our bed and a bottle of local red wine and a basket of fruit and homemade (literally made by Margarita's mother and grandmother) cookies.
This hotel was amazing. The breakfast was by the far best we had on the trip. Fresh fruit from owner's farm. Cakes made by Margarita's mother and grandmother. Amazing selection of parfait and pudding, breads, dakos, feta, cheeses, ham, fresh juices, coffee, cereal, energy bars. My only regret is that we missed it one morning when we left early to go to hike the Samaria Gorge (see below).
The hotel has there own concierge that used the villa for part of her wedding. She helped plan our stay in crete. Her recommendation were great. I would recommend renting a car while there. Crete is big!!. We had a great drive to elofonisi and visited some great beaches. I highly recommend the santa maria gorge hike. We used the smaller tour group that they recommended and it was nicer to have your own guide on the trip. (more expensive but worth it). The hike is tough and you will be sore, but it a gorgeous valley and some great views.
The hotel was great, their service was great, the staff attentive, food great, and right in the historic district of xania. To add to that Margarita said they soon will have a spa on premise. Amazing a dream come true.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Delfino is a 17th-century Venetian palazzo that has remained in the same family for centuries. With just 24 rooms and suites, decorated with a mix of bespoke furniture and antiques, Casa Delfino is both intimate and exclusive. A pebbled courtyard of hand laid mosaics is a romantic oasis where guests can read, relax, or simply soak up the serene ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Delfino Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Delfino Hotel And Spa
- Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa Crete/Chania