All reviews british consulate breakfast room top floor wonderful sea view garden view greek hotels rooms are comfortable old port min walk objects crete
Reviewed 20 September 2013

There was a problem with the hotel my friend and I had booked, and so the Doma put us up for a night while the issue was resolved.
The staff seemed nice, the former British High Commission undoubtedly has a lot of charm, but the room was a bit old school for my liking. It was somewhat spartan, and the bathroom was trying to be a wet room, but just resulted in wet loo roll and a big puddle on the floor!
However, the view of the garden was charming, and the view from the breakfast room was simply spectacular. The breakfast was also delicious, and had a good range to choose from.
It seemed a bit far out of town for my liking, but mostly I was thankful that they were willing to fit us in at very short notice when we didn't even arrive until almost midnight!
I'd love to go back for the breakfast if nothing else.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2013

It's on a busy road and if you get a sea view room, you'll get traffic noise too. I couldn't sleep the first night so I asked for a room on the back and it was a lot better, I could hear just the cicadas. The hotel is great and the staff nice and helpful and really do their best to satisfy guests.

Room tip: Rooms on the back have no traffic noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

It's a charming "oldy" hotel with a fantastic view and a good location (not too far but not too near from the crazy port).
The room are fine but a bit noisy to my taste. The service is variable. Reception staff is good and give great advices on where to go to escape the crowd. The service at the breakfast is average not to say almost rude.
Overall it's a good place but I cannot help feeling it was too expensive for what we got.

1  Thank Guillaume D
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We spent here 3 nights mid July as a base to visit the west of the island. The place is a boutique hotel that formely was the british consulate. So, it is fully packed with historical pictures and stuff. Maybe recommended for a bit older people that might be able to enjoy it more than us. In genera a good place and a friendly welcoming and assistence troughtout the whole staying. The breakfast was OK but some food was clearly not freshly prepared, though it was not bad. Th hotel has no parking so you have to look for it if you go there by car (90% of Crete visitors I believe) but we never had problems finsing it.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CamillaSad
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Spent a night at the Doma while on holiday in Crete. We had a lovely room - more like a suite with seating area, separate sleeping area and lovely spacious shower room. And balcony overlooking the bay with great views of the sunset. A little bit out of the hub of the old town and a fairly busy road going by but would not hesitate to recommend. Arrived very hot and bothered and was greeted by glass of cold cranberry juice. So welcome!

Date of stay: July 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maureeent