“Charming”

and 1 more site!
Pandora Suites Hotel
Ranked #38 of 111 Hotels in Chania Town
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Charming Little hotel (10 Rooms, many with two Rooms). Good Position, Great view. Bad Windows, it was very loud from the Bars at the Harbour. Friendly staff. Extremely small shower. Extremely nice rooftop for breakfast, Great view over the Sea. Poor coffee (as in whole crete...)

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 10 September 2013

As a seasoned traveler, I can say this place really knows how to make travelers feel special. From the moment my husband and I arrived, George, the owner, effortlessly checked us in and told us the best places to see and eat Cretan cuisine. The hotel has the best view of the Venetian Harbor and it's lovely to wake up and enjoy the sun-drenched view of the old town while have breakfast on the rooftop garden. The hotel rooms were clean, comfortable, and best location in town.

I'd highly recommend this hotel to one traveling to Chania.

Room Tip: For a beautiful view of the old harbor, get the Ares room which is perfect for 2 people. Otherwise...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed in Pandora suites, 2 adults and 2 children on May. We had a two bedroom suite overlooking the little courtyard in front. Although we missed the harbour view, the courtyard is lovely with the mosaic pebble floor, lemon tree and cafe tables. The feeling that you get when you enter the place is of a very pleasent surprise: attention to the details, beautiful decoration,excellent location.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank annybenetou
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at the Pandora Suites over July to August time 2013 in the 'Dias' suite. I have to say that both myself and my boyfriend really liked the suite, which had a large balcony overlooking the harbour. The balcony had a table and chairs plus room for us both to sunbathe. In the mornings breakfast was served on the flat rooftop which overlooked the harbour. The breakfast was lovely and you can help yourself to as much as you like! We found the staff to be friendly and accommodating.

We would highly recommend this hotel the only downside is the parking - this is very difficult and we struggled to find a space and even to park in the hotel's road which is narrow. If like ourselves you are not used to left-hand drive cars this is a challenge,

The hotel is next to the main harbour restaurants, boat rides, horse and cart rides and if you explore the old town (walk in the little roads behind the main harbour restaurants) this is also really lovely.

Overall lovely hotel, lovely staff and recommend the 'Dias' suite as this appears to be the one with the balcony space.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachaellcdoxford
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Pandora Suites was a very pleasant surprise. I opted for location vice a resort type place to stay and Im glad I did. The place is quaint and charming and the location couldnt be better. Its a little tucked away on a side street but right behind the Mosque which means its yards away from the shopping, restaurants and harbor. I stayed in two different rooms. The Aphrodite and Hermes. Both were nice and were different styles but the Aphrodite had the small balcony with seating of the spectacular view of the harbor, shops and restaurants. Not that you come here to sit in the room but the view was amazing. Although pretty much the same items for a continental breakfast it was very good. The local preserves they get are delicious. George and Irene were extremely friendly, gracious and helpful. And yes they speak and understand English too! The only reason I didnt give all 5s is because when I changed rooms I had issues being able to stay on the wifi and I was there for business. I will be staying here again when I come back.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with a balcony even if you can only get it for a day or two as they go quick
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Spent four days in the Dias Suite in early May. Had a great view of the harbor with a nice sized patio. Everyone here was very friendly and helpful. The rooftop terrace made breakfast special. Room was comfortable and spacious. Would stay here again. After four days, we still got lost driving our rental car, but that's just the way old town is. On the last day, we did with great instructions from the front desk make it out of town without getting lost.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the harbor have great views. We didn't experience noise as in other reviews.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theo V
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have always only ever stayed at this hotel when I've come to Chania (over 5 years). I have considered checking out some of the other more expensive hotels around the harbor, but I've never found the images on the web compelling enough to pay double for the good thing I already know. The other part is that this hotel faces the sunset, and Chania harbour gets some stunning sunsets, whereas the other hotels I've looked into are located opposite and must face the sun rise. You can go any time to the roof and enjoy the view even after breakfast is over, and it is usually empty. The little courtyard in front with the mosaic pebble floor, lemon tree and cafe tables is also very beautiful. Be sure to get a harbour view room, because that is what make it all so special. The other thing to note is there used to be two rooms with patios. The best one, Aphrodite, no longer has the gorgeous large patio it once did - it is dwarfed and cramped at best - as the owner was forced to downsize after the building below (on which the patio used to rest) was removed. So I wouldn't make a big deal about booking that one. I have never stayed in the other patio room but hope to someday. You can go on their website and see all the rooms and decide for yourself. (There are two websites for some reason, only one works with the room views.) The bathrooms are very small, and the parking challenging, but I have always somehow found a spot at the street in front. It's a serene place to stay the night in a busy and touristy town. The owner George is very reliable. He will tell you what rooms are available on your dates or always suggest the best one available - and you will always get the room promised. The cleaners/breakfast staff are lovely and the rooms are very clean.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any room that faces the courtyard (such as Chronos) as it is dark and has no views...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple