Just returned from four nights at the Palazzo di Pietro and felt compelled to write something to further recommend this great little hotel. Without wanting to repeat all that's been said before, I can't recommend this intimate, family-run hotel highly enough. We were extremely lucky to get a last-minute cancellation which I understand is very rare as this place gets booked up months in advance. We stayed in the Athina Suite on the top floor and it was just lovely. Considering Christine didn't have much notice of our stay (we literally confirmed the reservation a few hours before we were due to arrive), the room was beautifully presented with fresh flowers and chocolates on the huge four-poster bed; champagne, home-made wine, raki and a huge fruit basket all nicely chilled and waiting for us. We arrived very late - around 1am - and Christine and her father not only waited up for us but even walked to meet us in the main town square to personally escort us to the hotel as we didn't know the exact location. A few specific words of advice:-
* Firstly something I feel I should mention on Christine's behalf is that she suffers with a knee problem so actually isn't able to carry people's bags up the stairs to the third floor (contrary to one previous review on here) - so if you reserve one of the upper rooms, be prepared to carry your own luggage (no great hardship).
* The Palazzo di Pietro just a few days ago won first prize from the Chania Municipality for its roof garden. We particularly recommend watching the sun set up there and taking advantage of the spectacular aerobatics display provided by the huge population of swifts - great fun.
* If you are renting a car, parking around the old harbour area can be pretty tricky so be prepared to fight for a space. Also a word of warning to pay heed to the parking notices, which aren't always obvious - we parked in an area we thought was OK but ended up with a 65 Euro ticket.
* A simple thing worth mentioning is that this hotel also provides you with lovely big, soft beach towels and also slippers so you don't need to take up valuable luggage space with these items.
All-in-all this is one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in, in one of the most beautiful old towns. We only had four nights and will certainly be returning - if we can't stay at the Palazzo di Pietro though, it just won't be the same... Highly recommended.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Palazzo di Pietro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Di Pietro Chania
- Palazzo Di Pietro Hotel Chania
- Palazzo Di Pietro Crete/Chania