We travel a lot and have very high standards when it comes to accommodation but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Amalthia and would definitely recommend it to others. It's a great little hotel that has lovely, large & spotlessly clean, modern rooms and friendly, helpful staff.
We were lucky enough to stay in Room 14 which was one of the best located rooms in the hotel and its veranda led straight out onto the pool area (Rooms 11 - 15 definitely have the best views and location).
Breakfast was adequate for our requirements but by no means a gourmet feast (unless you like random things such as carrots and sweetcorn or coleslaw with your cereal!), however the food served within the hotels beach restaurant was very nice and we would definitely advise you try the baklava - Delicious!
The hotel is reasonably well located, as it is situated right on the beachfront but just a far enough walk/bus journey away from the hustle and bustle of Platanias.
Bus stops are located about 100 metres down the road from the hotel and regular services run to both Chania and Platanias where you will find a plethora of bars and restaurants to feast in. You can also take a bus at approx 9.15 in the morning to Elafonisi Beach which is well worth a visit (despite the 2.5 hour trip!).
The only downside to the hotel is the fact that you have to pay an additional 4 euros per sunlounger per day if you wish to lay on the beach rather than by the pool, which is apparently common practice in Crete but nontheless unreasonable. However if you walk a few hundred yards to the right of the hotel, you will find many bars and restaurants who offer their sunloungers free of charge as long as you buy a drink :))
Overall, The Amalthia is great value for money and definitely worth a stay if visiting Crete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated, located on the beach of Agia Marina, the new resort will offer you services of a 4 star. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, HostelWorld, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookgreece.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amalthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amalthia Beach Hotel Chania Town
- Amalthia Beach Resort Crete/Chania