We were looking for something inexpensive and not too old in Chania and we have found it.
It was me, my wife and our 5 months son. We stayed there in May 2013.
Went for half board, regretted it. Food in the evening was so so and service wasn't always spot on and quick. Ended up going out in the evenings most of the time as food around the hotel was great and cheap. Breakfasts were ok, but always the same. You will get bored if you stay there for more than a week.
The beach was good, however we had to pay for loungers - a bit strange. Never used the pool, but it was ok. Drinks at the bar were good, few cocktails they made for me were amazing + they would always top it up with free raki in the end.
Comfortable beds and spacious rooms. Wifi didn't work in our room so we had to go to the reception if we needed it.
All in all, good inexpensive hotel. Would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated, located on the beach of Agia Marina, the new resort will offer you services of a 4 star. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HostelWorld, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Amalthia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amalthia Beach Hotel Chania Town
- Amalthia Beach Resort Crete/Chania