“you better find another place...”
Review of Rooms 47

Rooms 47
Ranked #78 of 98 Chania Town B&B and Inns
Bangor, Northern Ireland
“you better find another place...”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

- Not too clean nor friendly.
- Dead cockroaches on the staircase
+ Comfy and huge bed (clean and fresh)
- Big thumbs down for refusing to look after our backpacks during the time we needed for doing quick shopping before moving on. Very not Greek like.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank PeterPCX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I booked a room in "rooms 47"a month before my traveling to chania and prepaid it.before getting to the island,I called the owner,mrs sofia,she assured me everything was ready.on the 17/8 I arrived,she had me for 3 hours waiting "to find me a room in another hotel"!and I wasn't the only one...there were 2 other couples with me,desperate of where to stay,tired after a many hours trip.thank god I am greek with a friend at chania,who found another hotel,a whole lot better in the middle of chania city,with a lovely view to the port,30 euros a night and a lovable owner I will never forget and will certainly go back there again!(ofcourse I got my prepaing back) she just says yes to everyone and if it happens at the time you arrive to have a room,ok.if not,oups,your problem!it was a bit dinstant from the centre,with the highest stairs I have seen to carry your laguage upstairs.the city is full of other nicer places with honest owners even though it was high season!

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank marianna m

Travellers are raving about these Chania Town hotels

Heraklion, Greece
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had made a reservation through Booking.com for a three-bed room with "view to the old port" and this was actually the reason we had chosen this hotel - for the view.
Before arriving, we had contacted the hotel owner in order to make some other arrangements. She never informed as that there is no room. We arrived as planned late at night (22:00) and even then she said nothing.
The only thing she said was that she will take us somewhere esle, where is "cheaper and better". So, it was logical on our behalf to consider that she owns and a second hotel, with better view and in better price.
Well, it turned out that she did not own the place. She dropped us there and disapperared to argue with the new onwers, who had no idea about the "cheaper price". We wanted a better price since tthe room had no view to the sea but to a busy and noisy pedestrian street. Unfortunatelly, it was to late at nght to start looking for a better accommodation.

And apart from that, when we wanted to complain to her she was not picking up the phone.

To sum up, it is really annoying when you arrive at your tourist destination and you find out that there is no room and people owning the place treat you as a fool. So, choose this hotel only if you are an adventurous person. There is no quarantee that you will have a room.

Room Tip: The owner looks kind, smiling all the time and tells a lot of jokes. But she is not a person to rela...
Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Con_Pas
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The building is not much more than a ruin. The room filthy, the towels worn out... my worst ever low budget accommodation in the civilized world. Not even worth the €20 I paid. In fairness, there is a very friendly owner and a most convenient location near the touristic port, but it cannot make the difference. A private car parking space is offered on request free of charge, which is an advantage in the area.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo