“The best!”
Review of Rooms 47

Rooms 47
Ranked #102 of 114 Chania Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is my third time in Chania and I have stayed at multiple properties but I have finally hit the jackpot! You simply can't find a better place to stay in this price range (great prices) near Chania's Venetian port. Sofia, the owner, is so friendly and welcoming and bent over backwards to accommodate me and make me comfortable. The rooms are clean, all with a view, and some with balconies overlooking the port. Wow. Free wifi. Always hot water. Quiet and secure. I love it here and will be returning for a much longer time next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank iloveperutoo

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Maybe is not the most beautiful room you could get there and it is a bit old but...
It is very important this but because we are talking about an overall.

Me and my girlfriend booked room there and we sent a message explaining that our flight was going to land nearly at 24 o'clock. The problem is that you can check in until 24:00. Sophia, the owner of this hostel replied quickly telling us that there is no problem. She waited just for us until one o'clock, received us with a great smile and a shot of raki.

I should ad that the rooms are in an incredible place, just 1min walking to the central square (venizelos).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Well,what to say...it was a bit scary but house made in twelfth century...we were in no redecorated room and bathroom,very bad higiane,need a new towels without spots or what....
The only thing is good is Sofia,she is nice and friendly but thay should to invest a lot to make it decently for rent and still not to change price..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Hoping this hotel would be 'value for money', I booked a room two weeks before my arrival. When I arrived at the hotel, long after the check-in hour, my room was not ready. The owner said that the rooms were recently renovated, but the paint chips on the walls and the damaged floors proved quite the opposite. The bathroom was tiny and everything was cramped (the shower head holder was just above the toilet).
The room was also extremely dirty. There were tiny bugs everywhere, hair around the sink and on the bathroom floor and the toilet seat was filthy.
What bothered me the most was that the owner was unprofessional. She kept making excuses about everything, but never offered a solution.
It's a pity because the rooms have a great view and the hotel's location is very convenient. If only it was clean and better organized, it would be a very charming and cosy hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Christina V
Reviewed 9 September 2013

- Not too clean nor friendly.
- Dead cockroaches on the staircase
+ Comfy and huge bed (clean and fresh)
- Big thumbs down for refusing to look after our backpacks during the time we needed for doing quick shopping before moving on. Very not Greek like.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PeterPCX
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I booked a room in "rooms 47"a month before my traveling to chania and prepaid it.before getting to the island,I called the owner,mrs sofia,she assured me everything was ready.on the 17/8 I arrived,she had me for 3 hours waiting "to find me a room in another hotel"!and I wasn't the only one...there were 2 other couples with me,desperate of where to stay,tired after a many hours trip.thank god I am greek with a friend at chania,who found another hotel,a whole lot better in the middle of chania city,with a lovely view to the port,30 euros a night and a lovable owner I will never forget and will certainly go back there again!(ofcourse I got my prepaing back) she just says yes to everyone and if it happens at the time you arrive to have a room,ok.if not,oups,your problem!it was a bit dinstant from the centre,with the highest stairs I have seen to carry your laguage upstairs.the city is full of other nicer places with honest owners even though it was high season!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank marianna m
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had made a reservation through Booking.com for a three-bed room with "view to the old port" and this was actually the reason we had chosen this hotel - for the view.
Before arriving, we had contacted the hotel owner in order to make some other arrangements. She never informed as that there is no room. We arrived as planned late at night (22:00) and even then she said nothing.
The only thing she said was that she will take us somewhere esle, where is "cheaper and better". So, it was logical on our behalf to consider that she owns and a second hotel, with better view and in better price.
Well, it turned out that she did not own the place. She dropped us there and disapperared to argue with the new onwers, who had no idea about the "cheaper price". We wanted a better price since tthe room had no view to the sea but to a busy and noisy pedestrian street. Unfortunatelly, it was to late at nght to start looking for a better accommodation.

And apart from that, when we wanted to complain to her she was not picking up the phone.

To sum up, it is really annoying when you arrive at your tourist destination and you find out that there is no room and people owning the place treat you as a fool. So, choose this hotel only if you are an adventurous person. There is no quarantee that you will have a room.

Room Tip: The owner looks kind, smiling all the time and tells a lot of jokes. But she is not a person to rela...