“Olea Villa - Perfect family reunion”
The Sunday Times best villas 2013 Villas Overlooking Loutraki bay
Stairs
Play Room
Bathroom
Lower floor bedroom
Upper floor bedroom with sea view
Downstairs Bedroom two
Outdoor Massage
Walking Distance Beach
Walking distance beach
Walking Distance Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
Greg M
Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Olea Villa - Perfect family reunion”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

After reading reviews on trip advisor, arranged a family reunion via website at Olea Villas. Alex/George quickly addressed any questions we had regarding the villa by email.
Upon arrival, George greeted us and explained all aspects of the villa. The views from the villa are spectacular encompassing sea/mountains. The villa is new and very well maintained with great amenities (pool, hot tub, beach toys for toddlers, pool & beach towels). We had a small family reunion (me/my wife and daughter/son in law and toddler). The villa was perfect for us, upstairs bedroom and 2 bedrooms downstairs. (There is daily maid service). The landscaping is also exquisite, providing a relaxing atmosphere.
There is access to two beaches, Loutraki a 1-2 minute walk away and Marathi, a couple of minutes by car. Our preference was Marathi, a bit bigger (2 beaches actually) with a few tavernas to enjoy a nice lunch/supper on the beach. Marathi beach is also great for toddlers, gently sloping into the water.
The villa is nicely located on the Akotiri peninsula, with access to Chania and other areas of interest (e.g. Monasteries, Seitan Limani Beach).
George/Alex arranged a local chef for us (Stefanos) and we had superb dinner one night on the patio.
Our only difficulty was leaving the villa, thanks to George/Alex for sharing their villa with us.

Colette B
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Where do I start.... pure perfection and more.”
Reviewed 29 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I could write and write about this wonderful villa but I'll give a concise summary. Firstly I wouldn't hestitate to book this place, we arrived into Crete for my mums 50th birthday and we're welcomed to the villa as the sun rose over the coast line (the sea is 100m walk away) and it was pure stunning. The villa has a modern contemporary feel yet a lovely Grecian finish. It has all that you need and more, gorgeous pool and hot tub, BBQ, massive rooms loads of space and it is beautifully clean and kept that way throughout by a daily maid (who even brings bread). The area is fabulous. Loutraki beach is lovely and Marathi a short drive or 15 min walk away is stunning with a little port and a few tavernas and bars- perfect. The owners of the villas welcomed us and looked after us both even bringing home baked Crete goods and a bday cake for my mum! Very lovely. They were fabulous! We adventured too, visiting some beautiful beaches and chania too. Hiring a car is the best idea as the idyllic location means you are slightly out of the way from the hustle and bustle. In short (I know I have babbled on) this villa is a touch of class. I can't wait to go again. Thanks to Georgios and his wonderful family.

glamazon0...
New York, NY
“Mrs. K”
Reviewed 5 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

How I wish we were still there this week! We just returned from a wonderful two week holiday at this beautiful villa. I must thank my friend Leo who recommended I search tripadvisor when I first attempted to choose a Crete holiday destination, then I thank all the honest reviewers who took the time to tell me about this gem that is Olea villas, as I thought it was too good to be true! But it was all true! Everything previously mentioned is true, the villa is beautiful, spacious and comfortable, the view magnificent, the hosts thorough and responsive. Vicky, the housekeeper, was wonderful and thoughtful. George's wife made us a delicious bougatsa pastry which we enjoyed looking out at the bay. I would like to specifically add that the coco mattress was so comfortable to sleep on that I'm considering getting one myself now that we've returned. My sleep problems disappeared! Alex was so responsive through email with every question and George was helpful and lovely to speak with. The beaches of Crete are charming, the people warm and friendly, the history impactful... making this an unforgettable holiday!

tjasahrib...
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Beautiful "home away from home" :)”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

After quite some years our whole family spent summer holidays together this year (now we - the children - are already grown up; so it is easier to imagine;)). We couldn't made a better choice for it than wonderful Greek Island Crete, especially beautiful Villa Olea, by pretty intimate beach Lourtraki. Since we enjoyed the stay at amazing villa so much, with magnificent view, we spent quite some days just relaxing by the villa - enjoying it, the sun and all the surroundings. The place and villas are stunning, offering everything for perfect holidays. The owner of the villas is the perfect host, that makes all experience even nicer. Two weeks went by very/too quickly and we are hoping to return soon again, because part of our harts stayed there and they say that "home is where the hart is". So we discovered one beautiful "home away from home".
We would like to thank to George, his wife and his team for wonderful time.

Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Matjaž H
“Mr.”
Reviewed 2 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Everithing excellent, bautiful villa, nice view, hospitality of all team. My family spent two wonderful weeks there, thank you George.

Chris C
London, United Kingdom
“This is the villa that will spoil you for all the others”
Reviewed 18 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

Have just returned from a fantastic two week holiday at Olea, with my wife, our grown up children and their partners.
Everyone in the group loved the design, the location and the service. The quality of the architecture and all of the plentiful fixtures and fittings was outstanding. Designer touches abounding, and no plastic patio furniture in sight. Even, for example, the sun umbrellas were Swiss! True wow factor.
As well as that the local beaches were all enjoyed as was the local taverna, which is literally a stone's throw away.
Finally, the icing on the cake was the great personal service both George the on site owner manager and Vicky, the maid who brought fresh bread every morning and sometimes eggs from her own hens!
Really memorable, and we hope to return. Even more so now that BA fly to Chania, because we had less than great experience both ways with a well known low cost airline which claims to be 'easy'.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool and hot tub
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Mlangehk
Boston, Massachusetts
“Two Years In A Row... Enough said.”
Reviewed 27 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Our second year in a row and yet another incredible experience. Amazing villa, well-appointed, and with everything one can need: an infinity pool with an amazing view, a jacuzzi, and a beach that is but a stone's throw away. Nothing better than an evening swim at the beach. Lunch or dinner at a wonderful Greek taverna a short walk from the villa or a BBQ on the villa's terrace. What an ideal location for a most relaxing getaway. Last, but not least, owner George and family ensuring everything is as it should be and providing that family touch to make it truly unforgettable.

Liked best: Location
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing