“Beautiful villa and a fantastic holiday”
The Sunday Times best villas 2013 Villas Overlooking Loutraki bay
Stairs
Play Room
Bathroom
Lower floor bedroom
Upper floor bedroom with sea view
Downstairs Bedroom two
Outdoor Massage
Walking Distance Beach
Walking distance beach
Walking Distance Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
dianekmor...
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Beautiful villa and a fantastic holiday”
Reviewed 11 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We absolutely loved our stay at Olea! The villa was fantastic - awesome architecture, relaxing setting, wonderful views. George was a great host, always advising on superb tavernas and outings. Really enjoyed time by the pool, outings to Marathi Beach and beyond.

Ella12345...
“Pure bliss”
Reviewed 8 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Absolutely fantastic stay - it's not cheap but was worth it. The villa was breathtaking with striking architecture and a wonderful mixture of glass, stone and wood. Felt very spacious and lots of space for indoor or outdoor dining/relaxing etc. Loved the infinity pool (and the views from it) and the hot tub was a surprise hit with our warm-water loving baby. Just a short walk (less than 5 mins) from a lovely little cove which was peaceful and great for long swims in the sea. Short drive to a bigger village with some lunch options. Alex, George and Vicky were all great - responsive, helpful and very nice. There were lots of much appreciated extra touches like welcome bottle of wine, tons of delicious herbs/salts/peppers, fresh bread daily, eggs from Vicky's own chickens and the most delicious pie baked by George's wife. The grounds are wonderful too - beautiful gardens, loads of flowers, tons of herbs that you are able to help yourself to for cooking. Thank you for such a great trip!

Greg M
Wyckoff, New Jersey
“Olea Villa - Perfect family reunion”
Reviewed 31 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

After reading reviews on trip advisor, arranged a family reunion via website at Olea Villas. Alex/George quickly addressed any questions we had regarding the villa by email.
Upon arrival, George greeted us and explained all aspects of the villa. The views from the villa are spectacular encompassing sea/mountains. The villa is new and very well maintained with great amenities (pool, hot tub, beach toys for toddlers, pool & beach towels). We had a small family reunion (me/my wife and daughter/son in law and toddler). The villa was perfect for us, upstairs bedroom and 2 bedrooms downstairs. (There is daily maid service). The landscaping is also exquisite, providing a relaxing atmosphere.
There is access to two beaches, Loutraki a 1-2 minute walk away and Marathi, a couple of minutes by car. Our preference was Marathi, a bit bigger (2 beaches actually) with a few tavernas to enjoy a nice lunch/supper on the beach. Marathi beach is also great for toddlers, gently sloping into the water.
The villa is nicely located on the Akotiri peninsula, with access to Chania and other areas of interest (e.g. Monasteries, Seitan Limani Beach).
George/Alex arranged a local chef for us (Stefanos) and we had superb dinner one night on the patio.
Our only difficulty was leaving the villa, thanks to George/Alex for sharing their villa with us.

Colette B
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Where do I start.... pure perfection and more.”
Reviewed 29 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I could write and write about this wonderful villa but I'll give a concise summary. Firstly I wouldn't hestitate to book this place, we arrived into Crete for my mums 50th birthday and we're welcomed to the villa as the sun rose over the coast line (the sea is 100m walk away) and it was pure stunning. The villa has a modern contemporary feel yet a lovely Grecian finish. It has all that you need and more, gorgeous pool and hot tub, BBQ, massive rooms loads of space and it is beautifully clean and kept that way throughout by a daily maid (who even brings bread). The area is fabulous. Loutraki beach is lovely and Marathi a short drive or 15 min walk away is stunning with a little port and a few tavernas and bars- perfect. The owners of the villas welcomed us and looked after us both even bringing home baked Crete goods and a bday cake for my mum! Very lovely. They were fabulous! We adventured too, visiting some beautiful beaches and chania too. Hiring a car is the best idea as the idyllic location means you are slightly out of the way from the hustle and bustle. In short (I know I have babbled on) this villa is a touch of class. I can't wait to go again. Thanks to Georgios and his wonderful family.

glamazon0...
New York, NY
“Mrs. K”
Reviewed 5 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

How I wish we were still there this week! We just returned from a wonderful two week holiday at this beautiful villa. I must thank my friend Leo who recommended I search tripadvisor when I first attempted to choose a Crete holiday destination, then I thank all the honest reviewers who took the time to tell me about this gem that is Olea villas, as I thought it was too good to be true! But it was all true! Everything previously mentioned is true, the villa is beautiful, spacious and comfortable, the view magnificent, the hosts thorough and responsive. Vicky, the housekeeper, was wonderful and thoughtful. George's wife made us a delicious bougatsa pastry which we enjoyed looking out at the bay. I would like to specifically add that the coco mattress was so comfortable to sleep on that I'm considering getting one myself now that we've returned. My sleep problems disappeared! Alex was so responsive through email with every question and George was helpful and lovely to speak with. The beaches of Crete are charming, the people warm and friendly, the history impactful... making this an unforgettable holiday!

tjasahrib...
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Beautiful "home away from home" :)”
Reviewed 3 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

After quite some years our whole family spent summer holidays together this year (now we - the children - are already grown up; so it is easier to imagine;)). We couldn't made a better choice for it than wonderful Greek Island Crete, especially beautiful Villa Olea, by pretty intimate beach Lourtraki. Since we enjoyed the stay at amazing villa so much, with magnificent view, we spent quite some days just relaxing by the villa - enjoying it, the sun and all the surroundings. The place and villas are stunning, offering everything for perfect holidays. The owner of the villas is the perfect host, that makes all experience even nicer. Two weeks went by very/too quickly and we are hoping to return soon again, because part of our harts stayed there and they say that "home is where the hart is". So we discovered one beautiful "home away from home".
We would like to thank to George, his wife and his team for wonderful time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Matjaž H
“Mr.”
Reviewed 2 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Everithing excellent, bautiful villa, nice view, hospitality of all team. My family spent two wonderful weeks there, thank you George.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;