“A Wonderful day with Manos”
Review of Safari Adventures

Safari Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Safari Adventures is a company organizing whole year round guided tours, daytrips and outdoor activities in Greece. Adventure, hospitality, professionalism,pure untouched areas and unique views are just some of our basic characteristics in order to create a memorable day for our guests. Our mission is to promote the Greek culture, the history, the values, the traditions, and visit pure-untouched areas far away from mass tourism to everybody interested in. Discover Real Greece from the sea up to the mountains and follow the local lifesftyle. We work whole year round. Scheduled tours are offered daily where the guests can choose from any of the tour options. If guests wish an alternatively, a custom or tailor-made or private tour we can organize it but different rates and scheduling may apply depending on the type of tour.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We spent a wonderful day with Manos on Crete, driving to a winery tour, then up high in the mountains, learning about the life of goat and sheep shepherds in the mountains, and ending with a fantastic lunch in a Cretan restaurant. Manos, who is fluent in English, is a world of information about the people and customs of Crete, and a wonderful tour guide. The drive and the views from the mountains are amazing, and the shepherd's hut and Greek Orthodox Chapel and explanations were intriguing. The lunch with Manos and our new friends from the tour, with traditional and scrumptious Cretan food, was the perfect compliment to a perfect day. Manos will arrange a tour to wherever you would like to go on the island of Crete, which is certainly worth the time and money.

Safari A, Owner at Safari Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thanks you so much! It was my pleasure to spend a nice day with you!!!

All reviews
"great driver"
"tour number"
"local couple"
in 3 reviews
"happy to answer any questions"
"great winery"
in 2 reviews
"cheese making"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 16 April 2014

What a great day! We found this tour through the Recreation Center at Souda Bay Naval Support Activity. It sounded like it would be fun, different and we would see the real Crete! It was all of that and more! It was a full day of breathtaking views, wonderful, useable information, as well as a wonderful Cretan meal. You certainly get your money's worth on this tour!

Thank you so much! I am really enjoyed and pleased that you had a great day to remember!!!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

When first booking this safari, I thought the price might be a bit high, but the reviews were so good that I decided to take the chance (I really wanted to see more of Crete than the beaches).

Oh.My.Goodness!! As we pulled back to our hotel, I kept thinking I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was for such an amazing experience! Even though there aren't a lot of wild animals on Crete, it still felt like a safari - off road-ing through lakes, up mountains, and around the windiest roads I've ever been. Truly unique, and the views are amazing.

We were able to do local wine tasting, see the Shepherds' unique lifestyles, and eat authentic (and traditional) Cretan food. Our tour guide was incredible knowledgeable, while not being boring. Overall, one of the best tours I've ever done - and I am an AVID traveler.

Our guide told us they offer about 5 different tours this season, so be sure to ask about all the options. Highly recommend this tour if you are at all interested in the gorgeous mountains of Crete.

Safari A, Owner at Safari Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

It was my pleasure to spend a day with you! Thanks a lot and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I was born, raised, lived my whole life in Crete and also considered myself that I've seen all of Crete!Well, that trip proved me wrong! It's a great opportunity to discover the real Crete, see some great sightseeing and sites that are unreachable by a regular vehicle, enjoy breathtaking views,eat delicious Cretan traditional food, meet locals who still practice old traditional crafts while at the same time experience some off-roading with the Land Rovers.Great guidance, hospitality and proven driving skills by the Owner of the Company Manos and Stelios. Totally recommend you to join this trip while in Crete!!!

Thank you so much Helen! As Cretans we have to many places to discover and visit! It was my pleasure to have you with us!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Extremely happy and informative days with professional friendly host, Manos. Enjoyed tour 1 so much booked tour 2 for later in the week. It is time well invested to learn the history and culture of Crete and experience the friendliness of the locals and taste authentic cuisine.
All tours of the wineries and olive oil factory conducted by locals really passionate and knowledgeable on their subject, who didn't mind answering some of our less than intelligent questions. We accessed some places that no other tours would take you on, with some excellent narratives from Manos who really got over to us the feel and purpose of the real Crete, and of it's history. All this was done in such a friendly way that you didn't realise how much you were learning.
There was not one bit of either tour that I would recommend Manos should drop, and if I had to pick the best bit it would be the home cooked lunch we had hosted by Mr Dimitrios, where we had several toasts to our future grandchildren, in Mr Dimitrios's homemade wine and raki, much to the exasperation of our son and daughter in law who accompanied us.
All in all two wonderful days we will not forget. A really good memory of the tastes and sights of the real Crete.

Thanks you so much!!!
Looking forward to see you again back in Crete to taste some more wineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!