“Big on portions and quality!”
Review of 63o Mezedosxoleion

63o Mezedosxoleion
Ranked #43 of 419 Restaurants in Chania Town
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Open from 19.00 Untill 4.00 . We offer you a great dining experience with small portions of cretan and mediteranean cuisine the so called "mezes". The greek translation of our name is the "school of mezes". Come here for taste lessons and a surprise will be waiting for you after your exam!
London, United Kingdom
“Big on portions and quality!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Restaurant is a new addition for 2014 and a very positive one! So far we have been there twice and on both occasions everything was perfect.

Salads are very good for sharing, last night we tried the beetroot salad as a change to the traditional Greek salad- wow!

Appetizers can be rather large and again are really good for sharing...probably go on the basis that one between two is a good ratio!!

Mains are served in lovely metal 'frying pans' and are again huge but also absolutely delicious! I don't know how it possible to gat the pork so tender and flavorful!!

Service is attentive, the range and style of food is very innovative and the quality is excellent! A superb addition to the other restaurants nearby.

1 Thank MartyFi

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Chania Town, Greece
“good quality and great flavor”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

it's an overall nice place to eat with good service reasonable prices and very fast yet amazing food giving me a new experience in restaurants in Crete its original and unique in every way and that makes it a place worth visiting...

2 Thank peter f
Paris, France
“Great greek food, reasonable price.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We went there for diner. The tables are on the sidewalk, which is perfect for the hot cretan days. They served us water all the time, very refreshing. We had salad, the traditional cheese pies and a mini mixed grill that wasn't "mini" and it was perfect for both of us. The prices are quite fair. You have good portions of food for less than most of the restaurants on the same street.

1 Thank AlanaDias
Chania Town, Greece
“A Hidden Treasure - worth finding!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We were attracted to this little street with the minaret in the middle of Chania full of little cafe bars and restaurants. We took a chance on this place actually because of the smart appearance of the waiters in their old fashioned little dark blue serving jackets. Their theme is a class room and your menu you fill out yourself like a little test paper. It is run by three young men who are brothers with their father Pavlos in the background helping. But forgetting all of that, we found the food, service and prices excellent. We really couldn't fault them. I am a bit of a heathen and do like my potatoes. I get quite offended when I'm served up the frozen version. Well I have to tell you this places served by far the best potatoes in Chania ... actually the best potatoes I've had in a restaurant for a long time. They were a bit like the half fried potato/half roast potato that my mum used to make. We also had the house salad which was superb, my husband had a chicken and cream cheese dish, and I had home made burgers. All presented well, good size portions, good prices and all delicious. A definite thumbs up and we will definitely be eating here again. Very well done to the sons of Pavlos!

1 Thank Annie_in_Chania
Victoria, Canada
“Hidden Treasure!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stumbled upon this hotel because I was staying at Hotel Ionas, just around the corner. The restaurant becomes packed with locals at night. I visited on two occasions - one in a group of four females and second with a group of seven. Didn't disappoint one bit!

We ordered a selection of plates and shared around the table. It is traditional Greek food but with a little bit of fusion. Highly recommend the feta cheese with tomato marmalade, leek balls with bacon and the beetroot salad. The prices were also very reasonable!

• Visited June 2014