“A great bunch of guys and a different type of experience!”
Review of Natour Lab

Natour Lab
Ranked #2 of 14 Food & Drink in Chania Town
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This season we are taking a big decision and all our tours will carbon dioxide free. Only walkings tours will be available this year focusing to, archeology, cultural and food tours in the city of Chania. Our cooking lesson will back again. Our goal is to give our visitors the chance to activate all their senses and understand better the cultural mosaic ofnour city.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Me and my girlfriend had a late flight so we were struggling to find an activity that would fit our day and make it to the airport in time to board our flight... so there came Andonis and Vaggelis to the rescue!

They tailored the trip exactly to what we needed. They picked us up at the hotel with our bags, drove us to the mountain to see beautiful vistas, stopped the van so we could get off whenever we wanted to see cool stuff we found along the road, had delicious lunch at a local cafe, went even further up the mountain to an old church where we enjoyed an unspoilt vista of the ocean, and finally took us to the start of a chasm that wass mind boggling in its size (next to an old village that was ravaged by a vendetta war between two families).

It feels like a bit of an injustice to try and explain how much we enjoyed it because it is those things you have to try for yourself.

Oh, and I almost forgot.... when they dropped us at the airport I left my sunglasses in their van without noticing. We were already past security in the boarding area and waiting to depart when I hear the airport voice calling my name to go back to the ticketing area.

So whilst my girlfriend looked at me accusingly wondering what I had done, I walked out to find Vaggelis with the biggest smile and my sunglasses in his hand... he knew someone at security and had them call me out so he could hand them back to me. He had actually driven all the way back to the airport from the city after finding the sunglasses when he arrived home.

I feel that anecdote says more about how much they care about their customers than anything else I could write. Thanks guys and we will deffinitely do another tour when we go to Crete again!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
"elafonisi beach"
"highest recommendation"
"tour group"

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My husband & I went on the Southern Experience tour of Crete at the suggestion of Ammos Hotel and it was by far the highlight of our trip! Vagellis and Andonis picked us up from our hotel in the morning--immediately the feeling was more like a day trip with friends than tour guides. They took us to a breathtaking swimming spot on the Libyan Sea--incredible blue water and absolutely no tourists. Then we drove up the side of a mountain to the "end of the road" where we drank raki, visited an abandoned ghost down, climbed to see the MOST incredible view of the island, and are a delicious meal at a local restaurant. We completely fell in love with Southern Crete. Vagellis & Andonis were the perfect guides--thoughtful, great conversation, and fun to be around. It was an amazing adventure and we can't recommend it highly enough.

1  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Whilst holidaying just outside of Chania in July this year we took a day trip with the Natour Lab guys (Adonis and Vangelis). Instantly you know you are with great guys as they told us to think of it as a day out with friends.

We took the Southern Experience tour in to the Sfakia region. I can't recommend it enough for families looking to see the authentic Crete and get away from the pool/beach. Initially worried about our 9 and 7 year old going on a lengthy trip...they loved it and the guys interacted with them very well.

Highlights were the swim at Iligas Beach and the view from the church and lunch at Anopoli. Our son loved watching some bungy jumping at the Aradena Gorge...less appealing to the grown ups! The abandoned village of Aradena was also fascinating, as were the rakis at the kiosk as a pre-lunch appetiser!

Next trip we think we may tackle the Aradena Gorge hike...and maybe the 2015 Sfakia Vertical Run that the guys organise.

1  Thank ByronC-F
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My friend and I had a great time, it was well organized and I am glad they did all of the driving! It was a private tour with two tour guides for just the two of us. They were friendly, passionate, accommodating, and friendly. My friend and I really enjoyed it. Thanks guys!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This company is first rate, in no small measure because the owners are very knowledgeable, and also because they intentionally limit the scale of their business so that they can maximize their direct involvement with their clientele.
Andonis, Vaggelis And Fanis are uniquely capable individuals.... genuine, smart, buff and engaging. They love the outdoors and serve as excellent guides. Their equipment is in great condition. And just how many outdoor guides are fantastic chefs as is Andonis?
We spent four days with these people and came away with an appreciation of Crete that was well beyond our expectations.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction