I booked these apartments purely on the reviews posted on Trip Advisor, and as usual I wasn't let down. The only slight concern I had was that some reviews had mentioned the busy road, and I had half expected to be staying next to a 6 lane motorway, but thankfully I was wrong. Yes the road is busy, but to get to the main beach it can be crossed a few hundred yards up the road from the apartments at traffic lights - easy! This also gives you the excuse to call in at the most fantastic bakery - pastries to die for and a fantastic choice too.
The main beach is beautiful, with clean sand and crystal clear water. There was a good availability of sunbeds and shades, which we found very reasonably priced and well looked after by the very friendly and courteous attendant - and we did need them, the weather was glorious. It's quite a long beach, with ample room for you to stroll along the shoreline if you so wish.
The taverna sells a good selection of soft and alcoholic drinks, as well as fresh sandwiches, salads etc. We ate there a couple of times and enjoyed it.
There is another beach closer to the apartments, but I would suggest that this is more of a 'walking' beach. It's not as pretty as the main beach and therefore never gets busy, although we often saw a few people enjoying the peace and quiet. We passed this beach when walking into Chania - it takes about 25mins. The pathway is on a stretch of open ground - nothing exciting, but look to the left and the view of the sea is lovely. This eventually leads to the harbour, with it's abundance of shops and restaurants - Chania is beautiful. Every restaurant we tried was at least very good - a couple were truly excellent. A ten minute (90cent) bus ride back drops you right outside the apartments. Talking of which, Andreas, Evita and the team are just brilliant, there's nothing more I can add that hasn't already been said on previous reviews. They are just the most wonderful people. The really good thing about staying at Lefka is that you don't have to go out and have a night on the town! A lazy day by the beach/pool, a shower and a change of clothing, followed by a lovely meal prepared for you by Andreas and Evita, accompanied by the odd Mythos or two(?) - now that is my idea of a relaxing, and trust me we did it several times. Thanks to everyone concerned, and to all the fellow guests that we met while we were there, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday studios and apartments, with large swimming pool, located in Chania, Crete, within 2 1/2 kms of the city centre and only 5 minutes from a sandy beach. Accommodation at Lefka apartments consists of 8 studios and 8 one bedroom apartments, with large swimming pool, beautiful garden and private parking space. The studios and apartments are spacious and comfortable. All have air conditioning, bathroom with shower and WC, large balcony overlooking the pool or garden, wireless Internet, TV, phone, safe deposit box, hairdryer, and equipped kitchenette with refrigerator, 2-ring cooker hob, microwave, coffee machine, toaster and utensils. Daily maid services and change of linen and towels every 3 days are included. Lefka apartments are open from May to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lefka Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lefka Apartments Hotel Chania Town
- Lefka Apartments Chania
- Lefka Apartments Crete/Chania