“Love this place!”
Review of Lefka Apartments

Lefka Apartments
Ranked #19 of 111 Hotels in Chania Town
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed as a party of 9 in the Lefka Apartments in mid May. From the moment we arrived we didn't stop smiling. Lovely Sarah looked after us all really well during the day and at night Andreas and Evita cooked up a storm. Have to say I was surprised by how good the food is in the complex, totally delicious with lots of little extras thrown in by the excellent hosts. The apartments are lovely and appear to have recently been updated such as the lovely rain showers and flat screen TV. My son was delighted with the excellent wifi and the pool. This place is a total find, we can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Try the food, it's great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Lefka Apartments

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed at Lefka apartments already for the second time, when we arrived this time it felt like home. Extremely friendly owners, always there to help and advise whatever you need. Apartments are fully equipped, clean and you'll be welcomed with a bottle of wine and some own production olive oil. Big pool with sun beds around and a bar/restaurant serving snacks during the day and full diner for those interested. Supermarket just over the main street and the beach is very close by. Great value for money, I usually pay twice the price for lower quality apartments in Croatia or Spain. If you want to have a great time, for a very reasonable price, and experience Cretan hospitality, this is THE place !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Ronaldo12
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Main negatives, though beyond the control of the owners, during our stay were:- noise from the road. (To be fair, this is, in effect, mentioned on the website. They have tried to reduce it through fencing and hedging.) Noisy local dogs- sorted by shutting the windows at night and using the aircon!
Actually, the main road is not all negative as one has easy access to buses, and there is a decent supermarket opposite.
The location is not bad all considered: if you go into Chania it would be noisier, and if you went further west there is about 8km of very tacky area at Platanias (?SP)

Apartment was small and basic, but adequate for 2. Bathroom was cramped, but , again, adequate.

Nice beach about 300m away. The redundant buildings mentioned in a review of 2012 have been bulldozed.

c 2km walk to Chania along the beach or land just inland of it was nice.

If you have a hire car- almost a "must" IMHO, then it is a good centre for visiting anywhere in west/central Crete.

Delightful, and helpful, staff.

So, why rate it four? (V Good) It's inexpensive at c £50 per night for two people. Similar places on the beach are c £100. So, as a whole....

All in all a good deal.

Room Tip: Personally, I'd go for the back- no pool view but less road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrederickNurck
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have just returned with my daughter after another wonderful week at Lefka. The apartments are as spotlessly clean as always but the addition of beautiful new bathrooms make them just perfect!
What makes these apartments exceptional are the owners Andreas and Evita, I had an accident in Chania and had to be taken to hospital late in the evening, Evita was there and translated and stayed with us and was a fantastic emotional support and very practical. I ended up in a full leg cast , she brought us back to the apartments, stopping to get some crutches for me on the way. Andreas then had to get me up three lots of stairs, he deserves a medal. The next morning Andreas took me back to the hospital, orthopaedic shop and pharmacy and got me back up all the stairs! Our holiday could have been totally ruined but they looked after us so well, dinner on our balcony and a lovely touching leaving present, I would recommend Lefka to anybody.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan I
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Came here last month and a few friends were talking about a holiday and this reminded me of what a wonderful time we had here.
As you can see from the other reviews it's just a fantastic place to go.
So relaxing, all the staff are so charming and helpful, we loved every minute of it.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank PJMannings
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our second visit to Lefka and it was like catching up with old friends. Andreas and Evita are such lovely hosts, and they and their staff continue to work tirelessly to make all their guests comfortable and welcome. Lefka remains spotless throughout, and the food and hospitality provided in the bar are hard to beat. Since our last visit the rooms have had a makeover, the main thing being new bathrooms and plumbing throughout. The owners invest a tremendous amount of time, effort and money in Lefka and richly deserve the Tripadvisor accolades they receive. We look forward to our next visit! As an aside, on our previous visit in September 2012, Andreas told us that May would be a good time to visit. He wasn't wrong!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daleswalker52
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I can only echo the thoughts of the previous visitors to Lefka. It was my first solo travelling experience & the welcome I received was more than I could have hoped for. Evita, Andreas & Sarah were so friendly & made me feel very welcome; the hospitality is second to none. I went on two trips to different parts of the island which Evita & Andreas helped arranging. The apartments & local beach are great & the local bus service into Chania is very good. I will definitely visit Crete & stay at Lefka again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo