After driving up from Paleohora we were welcomed with a smile. Nico, who was filling in for Sara ( who we didn't meet ) got us settled in our spotless and comfortable room. We stayed in one of the apts. with a garden view. They have a lovely variety of trees and plants that make you feel like you are in your own little oasis. The apt had a good sized bedroom with ample closet space, and a dresser with a mirror and additional storage areas. The separate kitchen/living area had two long settees and a dining table, 2 burners to cook on, and a microwave as well as an electric kettle and coffee pot. The bathroom had very efficient use of space and a powerful rain shower. The balcony was large with a drying rack for clothes.
The best part of a stay for me always involves getting to know people whether it is the owners or guests. In the mornings we enjoyed Nico's company as well as his coffee. In the evenings we sat at the bar and talked with Andreas, and sometimes Evita. Evita has a lovely welcoming smile and advice worth listening to. Most of the time we spent talking to Andreas who has a funny somewhat sarcastic ( in a good way ) sense of humor. He is like a teacher who drinks up knowledge and likes to learn from others. He's got his computer at the ready to look up whatever questions he wants the answers to. His advice for restaurants and sights to see were spot on.We of course were drinking his ( I think they would be award winning ) cocktails. He is very precise and concentrates on every drink, cutting fresh mint, pouring carefully, and probably adding some secret ingredients, then serving with a smile. Truly delicious, especially on a hot Cretan night. We definitely enjoyed our stay here, made especially nice by our hosts. Most of the people we talked to were return guests, understandably so.
Special places to see in the vicinity include the oldest olive tree and museum in Vouves, the cave church of St John the Hermit, and of course the city of Chania itself. We also took a nearby cooking class in Vamos which was lots of fun. Lefka is convenient to many sights and there is parking if you have a car ( recommended as there is so much to see and do ). Yes we would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday studios and apartments, with large swimming pool, located in Chania, Crete, within 2 1/2 kms of the city centre and only 5 minutes from a sandy beach. Accommodation at Lefka apartments consists of 8 studios and 8 one bedroom apartments, with large swimming pool, beautiful garden and private parking space. The studios and apartments are spacious and comfortable. All have air conditioning, bathroom with shower and WC, large balcony overlooking the pool or garden, wireless Internet, TV, phone, safe deposit box, hairdryer, and equipped kitchenette with refrigerator, 2-ring cooker hob, microwave, coffee machine, toaster and utensils. Daily maid services and change of linen and towels every 3 days are included. Lefka apartments are open from May to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lefka Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lefka Apartments Hotel Chania Town
- Lefka Apartments Chania
- Lefka Apartments Crete/Chania