Bozzali
Kriti Hotel(Chania Town)
US$128
US$118
Official Site
Amalthia Beach Resort(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
US$1,049
US$151
Samaria Hotel(Chania Town)
US$177
US$166
  • Breakfast included
Porto Veneziano Hotel(Chania Town)
US$209
US$201
  • Restaurant
Kydon, The Heart City Hotel(Chania Town)
US$160
US$155
Corinna Mare Suites & Studios(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
US$145
US$135
US$275
  • Breakfast included
Porto Kalamaki Hotel Apartments(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
US$56
Royal Sun Hotel(Chania Town)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$85
All reviewsenjoyed our staysmall hotelthe ownerold towna great place to stayminute walklocation is greatthe bussifakaalleyluggagegreece
Reviewed 10 October 2008

First, I will say that the rooms were impeccably cleaned, everyday. They were basic, no frills and not exactly luxury, but more of a traditional room. My husband I were there on our honeymoon, and Luana left us a bottle of champagne in our refridgerator. Her and her husband were about the only friendly Greeks that we met our entire time in Crete. (the Greeks were very friendly on the other islands; I'm not sure why everyone was so unhelpful and rude on Crete) Breakfast was fabulous; she pressed fresh orange juice while you waited and had the best cookies, along with the expected Greek yogurt, coffee, fruit, cheese,etc. My only complaint was the street noise. I had read another complaint about this, so I booked a room facing the courtyard, but to the best of my knowledge, all rooms face the street on one side or the other (?). At all hours of the night we heard motorcycles racing by, people speaking loudly in the alley below our room, dogs barking and cats crying. I even woke up to hear Turkish music being blasted at 3:30 am and smelled incense strongly burning. (all this with earplugs in).This could maybe be remedied with a window fan to block noise. Also, don't go to the cafe/taverna directly across the street from bozzali. They don't have any menus (so no prices 'in writing'), so they rip you off when you want to pay your bill.

All in all, it was a nice, basic place to stay and very good value for the money. We would definately come back.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 September 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Bozzali. The hosts were friendly and very helpful. The hotel is very close to Old Town, but far enough away so the noise from the square was not bothersome. We also really enjoyed the Italian Wine Bar attached to the hotel, wonderful host. Will definately recommend to friends going to Crete.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2008

My husband and I went to Crete on our honeymoon, after doing much research about where to stay we concluded from reading a bunch of reviews that Chania would be the best place to go. We also choice Hotel Bozzali based on trip advisor reviews, it wasn't our first choice, our first choice was booked, but this place seemed like a great pick after reading the reviews about it. Boy did we make a BAD decision, this is when after spending a week in Greece having an excellent honeymoon that our trip went South and fast.

Our ferry from Santorini took us into Herkalion and the fastest best way to get from Herkalion (the capitol) to Chania is taxi, but what we didn't know was that the taxi ride is a 2 HOUR taxi ride which cost us 135 Euro without tip. We had no other option, this is your only choice. Our taxi driver gets into Chania, and after giving him the address and showing him a map of where the street is and 30 minutes of driving around and him asking other greek people where this street is we finally find the street. Then we can't find the number of the hotel. It's incredibly hard to find! And after driving around without finding it, we got out of the taxi and went to look for it by foot, dragging three huge suit cases along the way.

The outside is very cute and very quaint, I was impressed, but the second we were let inside (which you need to call someone to be let in because most the time no one is at the front desk-if'd you call it that, and hope that your cell phone works to call). Once inside I was not impressed, it quickly became a dark basement like, very minimal, very dark and drab. We were led to our room, which was very much the same. Minimal. Drab. Dark. And our room at two twin beds pushed together, but made as twin beds still. So there was no chance of me and my husband sleeping together or having a romantic night and wouldn't at all want to in the place we were at. The beds were gross and dirty. The bathroom however was clean, but the toilet broke almost immediately. I had been emailing with the hotel and made it very clear it was our honeymoon and there was a bottle of champagne in the room, but we never drank it. We went out and explored the city, which by the end of the day we'd seen everything that we were going to see, it was much of the same everywhere. VERY TOURISTY. VERY COMMERCIALIZED. The shopping felt like Tijuana mexico. No original craftmenship or art, like what we saw in Santorini. Food wasn't great. Very crowded everywhere. The local greek attitude was very different than in Athens and Santorini, we felt they were more hostile, they'd often talk about you behind your back in greek or under their breath.

When we got back to the hotel we actually forced to change our outgoing flight from Chania to Herkalion because Olympic Airlines cancelled our flights *thanks Olympic Airlines for the notice!!! (DO NOT EVER FLY OLYMPIC AIRLINES!) This was twice that Olympic Airlines did this and both time we switched to Aegean Airlines and had no problems. So this gave us even more incentive to get out of Bozzali and Chania. We found Blue Palace Resort online, which was in Elounda on the way other side of Crete, but we wanted so badly to get out we were actually looking forward to the 3 hour taxi ride.

We spent 1 very sleepless night in Bozzali, when we were planning on staying for 4 nights. Our bathroom was literally under the stairs and anyone that walked up the stairs it sounded like the room was going to collapse. The next morning I woke up with huge welts all over my body. I had been bitten by bed mites or some bug about 10 times, it was really nasty.

When I was 18-21 years old this place would have been a great bargain and nice place to stay. It's perfect for those younger kids back packing around that would like to stay up late and go out drinking and just need a place to crash. I'd only recommend this place to that type of crowd.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mj213
Reviewed 6 August 2008

My wife and I stayed in Hotel Bozzali for a week this summer. This is a wonderful little guest house/hotel. The location is two blocks from the main square of Chania. The rooms are very clean, the owner is wonderful and very helpful in providing suggestions on best beaches/tourist sights in Crete.
Breakfast was great. Only complaint is that there were two single beds (instead of a queen).

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 14 July 2008

A little Chania gem! Building has lots of character and friendly people working here (and visiting). Free breakfast includes Greek yogurt with variety of optional toppings, assortment of fruits, fresh squeezed OJ, cheese, fresh loaf of bread, tea, and coffee. Free internet access in the lobby or wifi for your laptop. TV and mini refrigerator en suite. Only complaint is that you can hear people walking up/down the stairs starting around 9am so if you are a late sleeper, you might want to bring some earplugs. On our last night, we did not have any hot water in the shower. Also, note that this place is not easy to find the first time so be sure to have directions upon arriving in Chania. Would certainly stay here again and recommend it to my friends/family.

Stayed: May 2008