All reviewsgreat locationold townbase to exploresmall balconywithin walking distancethe busfresh orange juicebreakfast was includednice breakfastreception staffcentral locationharbourseafridgesignaloliveshania
Reviewed 4 September 2017

The location of this hotel is superb!
In the heart of the old town, lots of shops, fantastic restaurants, all within walking distance.
Great breakfast, & the staff very friendly & helpful.
Wbenwe arrived we had a problem with our cash passports, & the reception staff went out of their way to assist us.
It made our next few days there very relaxing.
Also not too far from the bus station.
We had an excellent stay.
Will gladly refer this hotel to family & friends.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room opposite reception, little noisy, but not too bad
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Dear Sir,

Not changing the towels on daily basis should be mentionned on booking.com, I have paid the whole amount for both rooms during my checkin and no one informed me about this.

Now I steped into my room to find out that! Meanwhile the reception lady told me that they change them once every two days! Because they are 3 stars hotel and not 5 stars, well I have been in chania in 2 stars hotel before and they used to change the towels everyday.
I have also just arrived from Athens and Rhodes and didn't have to deal with this weird situation.

THERE SHOULD BE NO SURPRISES!!!

Anyway the lady gave me clean towels today after a long conversation with her but was clear that there will be no clean towels for tomorrow.

Meanwhile I will write an appropriate feedback on booking.com and tripadvisor so this won't happen again with new travelers.

I am surprised and very disappointed!

Room Tip: ask for room number 1 to 4
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

To sum it up: one of the worst hotel stays we had in Crete. Too much money for poor quality. Horrible bed. Tiny room. Outdated furniture. Misleading fotos of the room on booking.com - in front of our room there was a shared terrace for all guests of the hotel but the foto implicated it was a private terrace. The only window in the room is facing that terrace so everyone sitting outside could look into our room. Since people were sitting there also during the night bringing their drinks and chatting we hardly slept as it was pretty loud.
Funny thing: you actually have to pay more for the room we had because of the "wonderful view" as it was explained to us - we just hardly could enjoy that view as we had to keep the blinds closed all the time to not have people on the terrace constantely look inside our room. The bed is also a joke, poor quality and way too small for 2 people. So is the room: As soon as you have your luggage inside you hardly can move or close the door.
We were very happy to leave - not much more to say.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Weltenbummlerin202
Reviewed 17 May 2017

I spent 4 nights at El Greco as a base to explore Chania and W Crete. Nice room, plenty of space, clean, fridge, safe, good wi-fi signal, with balcony overlooking the attractive street, close to the harbour and centre but not very noisy. Would suit family. Excellent restaurant immediately underneath. Fresh orange juice and bread for breakfast, also yoghurt, ham, cheese, cereals, olives, fruit. You can sit outside to eat it. Friendly, helpful staff. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Overlooking street is good.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank JulianS3073
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Reception is very helpful, giving all information needed to organise our stay here. There is a lift for luggage and the check in is fast without problem. Room was clean, but a renovation is necessary for bathroom and bed. Air condition also is noisy sometimes.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple