We booked the Casa Leone due to all the positive reviews on here and whilst it is very well positioned and the rooms are quite nice, we were disappointed that our view from the room was obstructed by some building work. This was apparently due to high winds during the winter and whilst we do understand that repairs needed to be made, we really should have been told before arriving.
Also, I cannot agree about the breakfast. You may get plenty of food, but some of it was far too heavy for that time in the morning. However, if you have a big appetite and like a filling pastie then you will be in your element.
It is a nice little hotel and the owners and staff are friendly and the location is excellent. We just felt when we visited, it fell short of what we were expecting from the reviews on here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to "Casa Leone" Hotel in the heart of the Venetian port of Hania. The entrance to the hotel is from number 18 Theotokopoulou the first side street you meet. The building, erected 600 years ago, has been restored in order to regain its original Venetian look with impressive results. The romantic atmosphere which prevails everywhere transports you far back in time. The Casa Leone Hotel is available the whole year. The rooms, double, triple and suites, are comfortable and luxurious. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Leone Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Leone Hotel Chania Town
- Casa Leone Chania
- Casa Leone Boutique Hotel Crete/Chania